PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

bwatson90 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
im new need some help

hi i bought my phone not long ago and want to change it around. i have the sprint touch pro and want to put a good looking background make my speaker function louder and do the button color change
i really need to know how to do this. if i need to download total commander and how to locate files and whatever else you guys think i should do. if i need to turn this phone into insurance ever will it void my warranty. also if it does how do i turn it back to stock. also how do i take this thing apart to do the button color change. one more thing i think my phone is slow if i can speed it up that would be great too, thanks brett
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Sprint

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work
Re: im new need some help

Welcome Brett,

The stock TP ROM - - Is SLOW and Burdened with Carrier specific JUNK!!!!!

My advice is to do one thing at a time, this way of something happens you can always backtrack to where your phone was last working well.

The first thing you should do is upgrade your ROM to one of the many that can be found by the fabulous cookers on this site. Juicy, Phantom, Mighty, and many others make very good ROMS for the Touch Pro.
Start here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

read through the Sticky Posts at the top and you will find instructions on unlocking your phone to ready it for flashing the ROM, then instructions on flashing.
To Unlock you phone look here;
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Directly below the Sticky Posts you will find numerous ROMS available to try. Read through the ROM's contents and see which one works best for you.

To make your speaker louder you need to change a file called Audiopara.csv. This file is probably cooked into some of the newer ROMS, and if it is not you can find it in numerous posts on this site like this one;
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41385

If the search function is not working so great for you google does a good job. Search "ppcgeeks audiopara.csv"

I come back here almost everyday to see what this community has brought to the table.

Last edited by Erythros; 04-17-2009 at 01:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

remoc8116 is becoming a great contributor

Do some minor tweaks and read alot b4 messing with the ROM. Take it slow....
Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bwatson90 is a n00b

what if i need to turn the phone into insurance just say i dropped it into water and pay the fifty bucks. and how do i do some small tweaks. shoot me some ideas i just want it to be different amd change some collor instead of black and yellow. also how do i take it apart to color the icons
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would start with the stickies at the top of the TP forum. I agree with Remoc, take it slow. No reason to jump right into flashing a custom ROM right away. A good place to start would be the essentials thread. And for your piece of mind, don't worry about warranty. Technically flashing a custom ROM voids your warranty, but it is easy enough to flash back to stock. As for any themes, programs, things of that nature, those can be made to go away by just clicking on settings->system->clear storage. If you do that, your phone is back to the condition it was when your first took it out of the box.

Take it slow, read alot, and welcome to the newest obession of your life. It always starts with, I just want to change some colors!
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Last edited by parkjam; 04-17-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bwatson90 is a n00b

thanks a lot. one last question to do some of the stickies how do i get into my phone from my computer because i cant find windows in the phone on the computer but i can on the phone
Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatson90 View Post
thanks a lot. one last question to do some of the stickies how do i get into my phone from my computer because i cant find windows in the phone on the computer but i can on the phone
ActiveSync not disk drive mode. In disk drive mode, you cannot see anything on the device itself, just the memory card. One caveat though, activesync doesn't like letting you mess with stuff on the phone either. It is best to copy files to the card, and then use a utility like TotalCommander to copy over to the device itself.

On a side note, since your new, if a post is helpful, click the thanks button!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatson90 View Post
what if i need to turn the phone into insurance just say i dropped it into water and pay the fifty bucks. [...]
Just wanted to point out it's gonna be $100 real soon.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro