PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

darkspider2042 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to darkspider2042
Rom swap

Sorry to ask this guys but ... do i need to re unlock my phone to go from one rom to another .... i have mighty rom now and i want to go to copper rom ... with the windows 6.5 just want to see how it works .. thanks for any info=D>
Old 04-15-2009, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

jeffyv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jeffyv Send a message via Yahoo to jeffyv Send a message via Skype™ to jeffyv
Re: Rom swap

no just flash away!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

since its already unlocked you can flash any ROM compatible with your carrier. If you ever flash a stock ROM make sure your phone is unlocked before your try to flash another custom ROM.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkspider2042 View Post
Sorry to ask this guys but ... do i need to re unlock my phone to go from one rom to another .... i have mighty rom now and i want to go to copper rom ... with the windows 6.5 just want to see how it works .. thanks for any info=D>
no you wont have to unlock your phone again
unless you run the relocker.
Flash as many roms as you want!
go have fun
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkspider2042 is a n00b

thanks you guys .... one more thing is there any website that kind of shows like a review of all the roms you know kind of brakes them down ...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

http://sites.google.com/site/ppcgeeksproject/
check out that site it breaks down the roms and tells you what each one focuses on and what they have to offer!
when people help you out give them thanks! its the green button in the bottom right corner!
and welcome to the site =D

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 04-15-2009 at 12:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkspider2042 is a n00b

Thanks to everone on this site ... if not for everones post my phone would be all kind crap .... Thanks everone
Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Also check this thread out
DivxRipPimps List of Roms
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

msvakos4589 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
no you wont have to unlock your phone again
unless you run the relocker.
Flash as many roms as you want!
go have fun

Quick question (sort of two fold) . . i just upgraded to Mighty ROM and seems to be working great, glad i did it . . was comtemplating for a couple months whether i should try it and it was well worth it.

When he releases version 5, can i use SPB backup to restore all my programs?? I have several applications and it will take me hours to re-install all of them again and put in the activation codes.

The other part of my question is, what if you cross ROMs (ie. go from Mighty to JD's) can you restore from SPB Back Up with all your programs in tact?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvakos4589 View Post
Quick question (sort of two fold) . . i just upgraded to Mighty ROM and seems to be working great, glad i did it . . was comtemplating for a couple months whether i should try it and it was well worth it.

When he releases version 5, can i use SPB backup to restore all my programs?? I have several applications and it will take me hours to re-install all of them again and put in the activation codes.

The other part of my question is, what if you cross ROMs (ie. go from Mighty to JD's) can you restore from SPB Back Up with all your programs in tact?

Thanks in advance!
yes you can use spb backup
but i would recommend you just backup your pim data with pimbackup
if you restore a backup with spb and the program is already installed it could cause problems [or so ive heard]
your best bet is to save the cabs in a specific folder to install when you flash a new rom
or check out UC (do a quick search on this site) this will automatically install cabs for you every time you theres another program that does this but i cant remember the name something like shamsui

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro