PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what the heck is wrong with my tp?

Okay, so my TouchPro has been acting really weird within the past week and I'm not quite sure why.

Here are some issues of the top of my head:

*When I click the "sleep" button, the screen turns black instead of actually turning off. I can tell the back-light is still on, burning battery.

*Sometimes when I turn the device off from asleep, then the screen will look all "static" for a few seconds. It's hard to explain.

*When I punch in a number that is not in my contacts and click the phone key, then nothing happens.

*Everything seems a lot less responsive and more unstable.

What is wrong with my TP then??

I even removed Fring and TouchResponse thinking that it may have been one of their faults, but apparently they had nothing to do with it because nothing has changed.

The two things that just MAY be the issue are:

*I used this MOTO-Q car charger which was sorta bent on a car trip and it may have done something to the device?

*I had taken the cover off the device one day and noticed a circular sticker there. I removed it revealing that it was protecting the inner "guts" of the device. I didn't remove anymore stickers realizing what they were for.

So does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my device, and what I could possibly do to fix it? This is REALLY annoying.

Thanks so much in advance.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: what the heck is wrong with my tp?

looks like it's time for a hard reset.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i would backup and hardreset. if you did nothing new and this is going on and hardreset dont fix it, off to the store.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, Mogul, BlackBerry Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

desairs is keeping up the good workdesairs is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilmonkee View Post
Okay, so my TouchPro has been acting really weird within the past week and I'm not quite sure why.

Here are some issues of the top of my head:

*When I click the "sleep" button, the screen turns black instead of actually turning off. I can tell the back-light is still on, burning battery.

*Sometimes when I turn the device off from asleep, then the screen will look all "static" for a few seconds. It's hard to explain.

*When I punch in a number that is not in my contacts and click the phone key, then nothing happens.

*Everything seems a lot less responsive and more unstable.

What is wrong with my TP then??

I even removed Fring and TouchResponse thinking that it may have been one of their faults, but apparently they had nothing to do with it because nothing has changed.

The two things that just MAY be the issue are:

*I used this MOTO-Q car charger which was sorta bent on a car trip and it may have done something to the device?

*I had taken the cover off the device one day and noticed a circular sticker there. I removed it revealing that it was protecting the inner "guts" of the device. I didn't remove anymore stickers realizing what they were for.

So does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my device, and what I could possibly do to fix it? This is REALLY annoying.

Thanks so much in advance.
Honestly, if it were me, I would definitely back up all my contacts and other data and then try a hard reset. Once you do this see if the problems are still happening. If they aren't then install one program at a time and then you can figure out which app is doing it. The hard reset is as follows:

power button, vol down, the center d-pad button, reset all at the same time.

Good Luck!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, Mogul, BlackBerry Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

desairs is keeping up the good workdesairs is keeping up the good work

I guess you already got your answer lol.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

the clear storage hardreset is way easyer imo.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro