PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro
All the tweaks with stock ROM

So I just got a TP version 1.03.651.4. I am still fairly new with window mobile.
I have set up numerous upgrades with Advanced config & Total commander.
List of cabs or tweaks:

*increased battery
*4 Icons
*More camera Modes
*Badboy audio boost
*SRS WOW Hd
*microSD Tuneup
*GPS lag (advanced and registry tweaks)
*all available tweaks for touchFlo 3D

My TP was running fine stock. With the exception of low speaker and GPS lag. There was no major need for the extra tweak. Of course I want my TP to perform as good as the next guy!!

Now am I missing out for not flashing to a better ROM? Will it make a difference by changing ROMS, or is that basically what it consits of anyways... Please advise me with any other options if it will make a difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Re: All the tweaks with stock ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
So I just got a TP version 1.03.651.4. I am still fairly new with window mobile.
I have set up numerous upgrades with Advanced config & Total commander.
List of cabs or tweaks:

*increased battery
*4 Icons
*More camera Modes
*Badboy audio boost
*SRS WOW Hd
*microSD Tuneup
*GPS lag (advanced and registry tweaks)
*all available tweaks for touchFlo 3D

My TP was running fine stock. With the exception of low speaker and GPS lag. There was no major need for the extra tweak. Of course I want my TP to perform as good as the next guy!!

Now am I missing out for not flashing to a better ROM? Will it make a difference by changing ROMS, or is that basically what it consits of anyways... Please advise me with any other options if it will make a difference.
Yes those upgrades you did are good, but once you start flashing you'll never go back, just the look you can get from a Flashed Rom is unreal, these guys know what there doing on here,. I suggest , Mighty Rom , Silence , And YaY4Juggs, Ive found these to be really Stable and Fast. Give them a try you wont be disappointed.. If I help Hit the Button!! Good Luck
Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You start running custom roms you are never gonna go back to the slow and pokey stock ROM. Think about your phone now as a brand new mustang gt, it's fast and looks nice. Now imagine if you had an unlimited budget for upgrades and performance add-on's for that car, would you leave it stock? That is exactly what the ROMs and tweaks you are getting on this website for free are, unlimited performance boosts for your fancy new toy. Leave it stock if you want to, just know that it could be a helluva lot better.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Does that mean, when I flash to a custom ROM, I am gonna loose all those cabs that are making my TP run smoother? I saw a alot of custom ROMS, but not all have the list of cabs that it brings. I want to keep most of the same setup as the stock ROM now. Some shortcuts and programs I can take care of myself. I want to try a new ROM, what todo, what to do?? .....
Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Lurker

Lenulus is a n00b

So, I'm completely brand new to this. I've been poring through the posts, but I can't find a real n00b's guide to what the non-stock roms do, what a kitchen is, how/why to flash "radios"...

I want to get on board, I want to be an expert, I want to contribute, but I need someone to point me in the right direction. Where's the best starting point???
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A lot of the common registry tweaks are going to be incorporated in almost all custom roms, as far as programs in the phone itself, each ROM will have a list in the first few posts with programs that are in and programs that have been taken out. Most times, the sprint bloatware has been removed (i.e. sprint music store, telenav, sprint tv, picturemail, and the like) but can easily be added back with a cab install. If you are looking for a better version of stock, that maintains the stock programs, with some nice tweaks, I would check into RSToyGuys custom sprint stock rom

EDIT: Here's the link to the ROM I spoke of: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56939

Last edited by parkjam; 04-01-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenulus View Post
So, I'm completely brand new to this. I've been poring through the posts, but I can't find a real n00b's guide to what the non-stock roms do, what a kitchen is, how/why to flash "radios"...

I want to get on board, I want to be an expert, I want to contribute, but I need someone to point me in the right direction. Where's the best starting point???
Read the stickies, then read some more, read more, fiddle with phone, read more, fiddle more, ask questions, repeat!!!

And to answer the questions posed:
1) Non stock ROMs are just rebuilt versions of Windows, sometimes based off newer versions (The sys numbers you see i.e. 21000) that incorporate newer files and tweaks to generally make them perform better, add features, etc.

2) A Kitchen is a tool one would use to build "cook" a custom ROM, a little more advanced subject than just flashing a custom ROM one of the expert "chefs" here as already cooked up

3) Radios are just different versions of the Radio software that your phone uses. Sometimes by changing radio ROMs people experience better battery life, better signal quality, less heating, etc. Your mileage may very, and the best advice I can offer is try all 6 available for a few days each, take notes, and in the end flash the one that worked best for you.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by parkjam; 04-01-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
Does that mean, when I flash to a custom ROM, I am gonna loose all those cabs that are making my TP run smoother? I saw a alot of custom ROMS, but not all have the list of cabs that it brings. I want to keep most of the same setup as the stock ROM now. Some shortcuts and programs I can take care of myself. I want to try a new ROM, what todo, what to do?? .....
As long as your cabs are saved to your sd card you wont loose them, but if by chance you do , most or all of them can be found under touch pro essentials post, or all over this site. Go to touch pro upgrades and it walks you thru the flash process very simple, I do it from activesync, I never get it to work with my sd card.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
As long as your cabs are saved to your sd card you wont loose them, but if by chance you do , most or all of them can be found under touch pro essentials post, or all over this site. Go to touch pro upgrades and it walks you thru the flash process very simple, I do it from activesync, I never get it to work with my sd card.
I always flash from my card, what issues are you having flashing from yours, maybe I can help you figure that out.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
A lot of the common registry tweaks are going to be incorporated in almost all custom roms, as far as programs in the phone itself, each ROM will have a list in the first few posts with programs that are in and programs that have been taken out. Most times, the sprint bloatware has been removed (i.e. sprint music store, telenav, sprint tv, picturemail, and the like) but can easily be added back with a cab install. If you are looking for a better version of stock, that maintains the stock programs, with some nice tweaks, I would check into RSToyGuys custom sprint stock rom

EDIT: Here's the link to the ROM I spoke of: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56939
I will agree with parkjam because I run RSTG's rom's on my TP and never have had a problem. Here is a link to RSTG's latest Rhodium rom, it is sweet. And a cab file for tweaking even farther. In the application Diamond TF3D Config Setup cab-open it up-there are 2 files in it-delete the file "O" Tweaks and it will work fine on your TP.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...uy+Rhodium+rom
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro