PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
backing up "people" tab in manilla

Hey guys and gals, i was wondering if anyone knew had to backup or restore the contacts that i save in my people tab in manilla? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: backing up "people" tab in manilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Hey guys and gals, i was wondering if anyone knew had to backup or restore the contacts that i save in my people tab in manilla? Thanks.
SPB BackUp-

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/

This program can backup everything.

If this helped ya out don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button

-Keir-
Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2

Quirk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Quirk

I would like to know how to accomplish the same thing without using SPB Backup. It's been a few months since I've used SPB Backup, but I believe it's going to backup everything. I would like a way to just backup the people tab in manilla3d.

When I hard reset it is normally to start fresh - install the few applications I can't live without (namely QuickMenu) and then set manilla3d back up the way i want it. I have a feeling the people tab is stored somewhere in the registry, i'll dig through.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As far as I know it is not possible to back up the TF3D tab as in your contacts pictures. You can only back up your address book/email/ect with a tool like SPB, Sprite or PIM Backup.

Last edited by Lsme420; 03-25-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
SPB BackUp-

-
I'm not sure that will work. I have both SPB BU & Sprite.

I have been using Sprite lately as SPB gave me problems in my three TouchPro's, but both programs do basically the same thing.

I have restored a total system BU probably 15 times lately after flashing to various different ROM's. When I get done, the system is perfect (all five emal accounts work, my work log-in works fine as does wireless sync etc etc etc)

The one & only thing that NEVER restores correctly is the people tab in TF3D. The tab works fine, but always comes up totally blank for some reason. It's no big deal to me as I only put about 5-6 contacts in that tab anyway (it's kinda useless for any more than that). It's still irritating to have to redo it every single time.

~John
Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I will check as well and see what I can find for you, as I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago, but my ADHD kicked in, and I said, "Oooh, shiny!"..lol.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

I use PIM Backup. Whenever I assign pictures to a contact, it seems to restore those as well. After numerous flashes, I haven't had to reassign an image to a contact...
Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

If you "just" wanna do the PIM information then PIM backup is the fastest, BUT it seems to cause issues with text messages, upon a restore.

If you wanna do a system wide backup, then I suggest Sprite Backup. That has worked great for me. Sprite backup will do PIM only, as well, but is a bit slow because it insists on rebooting your phone, to do the backup, then a reboot again, when it's done, no matter how much/what you are backing up.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its not a matter of backing up contacts or pictures with contacts. They want to back up their Touchflo TAB and its not possible. Thats like putting your programs in the program launch tab, once you hard rest their gone and you have to add them again.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My pics stay assigned to contacts & that part restores just fine. What NEVER restores correctly no matter what I do is put the half dozen contacts into the TF3D people tab.

My address book with the contact pics restores just fine with Sprite & it only takes a minute or so to put the important ones back into the TF3D tab, but I ALWAYS have to do it manually after restoring with either SPB or Sprite.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro