PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
**RESOLVED*** Windows Mobile No Longer Functions Properly

Just the facts:

Upgraded to MightROM 4.15 and hard reset (as I always do when I flash with MightROM)
plug TP in USB and Windows Mobile splashscreen comes up and just stays there.
Hard reset again, still same problem.
unplugged device from computer, replugged into a different USB port, still same problem

1. Replugged selected to use the device as DISK DRIVE, worked and shows as a hard drive
2. Tried three different computer and four different USB cables
3. Unchecked ENABLE FASTER DATA SYNCRONIZATION in the USB to PC Settings
4. Soft rest device
5. Uninstalled Windows Mobile device, deleting any registry entries and any directories that I found and rebooted
6. Downloaded and install Windows Mobile 6.1, rebooted, applied an update, rebooted
7. Plugged in USB port when computer booted, found new hardware success, even says TOUCHPRO found, still no sync

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh yeah, I also reverted back to MightROM4.14 and did not install any programs or tweaks through out the whole process.

RESOLVE: I removed the SD card from my Touch Pro. Plugged USB cable to the Touch Pro and computer and VOLA Windows Mobile worked. I then formatted my SD card on my computer. Unplugged the Touch Pro, put the SD card in, plugged it back into the computer and TA DA!!!! It work.

For whatever reason the card was causing the problem, no longer!

Last edited by elephant007; 03-25-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Windows Mobile No Longer Functions Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Just the facts:

Upgraded to MightROM 4.15 and hard reset (as I always do when I flash with MightROM)
unplugged device from computer, replugged into a different USB port, still same problem

1. Replugged selected to use the device as DISK DRIVE, worked and shows as a hard drive
4. Soft rest device
5. Uninstalled Windows Mobile device, deleting any registry entries and any directories that I found and rebooted
6. Downloaded and install Windows Mobile 6.1, rebooted, applied an update, rebooted
7. Plugged in USB port when computer booted, found new hardware success, even says TOUCHPRO found, still no sync

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh yeah, I also reverted back to MightROM4.14 and did not install any programs or tweaks through out the whole process.
If I read this correctly, you are stuck on the splash screen (you might have alluded to getting past that with #7).
You did alot of stuff, did you try booting it without the usb plugged in?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Just the facts:

4. Soft rest device

I just had this same issue. I hard reset and then i could sync. The same exact thing and the same rom.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

thats what i was gonna ask, could just be your asking alot at once from your phone.... it wont full boot period? even not connected to comp???
Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

thank you all for the suggestions, I did have the phone and USB completely unplugged from the computer (Vista Ultimate), waited for the entire computer to finishing coming up and plugged in the USB and then the phone in several different ports still no go. I did get "MY COMPUTER" where it shows you all your drives to show TOUCHPRO for about five seconds and it disappeared. I'm a loss. I am a computer technician and believe have removed all the variables except for port on the phone itself, thing is, if it's that why would the phone show up as a hard drive when I tell it too?

Three different computer, work computer Vista Business, home computer Vista Ultimate, personal laptop Vista Ultimate. I can try an XP box too and see if that works. Phone charges while plugged into the computer too... UGH! Hard reset, yes. I'm going to try another MightROM (I don't think it's a ROM issue)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try flashing 4.15 from the microSD card, name the file RAPHIMG.nbh, put it on the root of the card, and then press vol down + power while resetting.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

welp looks like flashing roms seems less and less like helping ur phone everyday. tomorrow some guys keyboard is gona stop working and some guy wont be able to install the hd port or the tf3d2 port. and we wont be able to figure out why. hmm
Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Re: **RESOLVED*** Windows Mobile No Longer Functions Properly

RESOLVE: I removed the SD card from my Touch Pro. Plugged USB cable to the Touch Pro and computer and VOLA Windows Mobile worked. I then formatted my SD card on my computer. Unplugged the Touch Pro, put the SD card in, plugged it back into the computer and TA DA!!!! It work.

For whatever reason the card was causing the problem, no longer!

Last edited by elephant007; 03-25-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829

glad to hear everything worked out
Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboi6829 View Post
glad to hear everything worked out
me too, I was about to lose my mind!! I had a feeling it wouldn't be something too difficult, was over thinking it...
thought I got rid of all the variables and then last night I woke up from a deep sleep and said SD CARD!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro