PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Looks like it was just a service outage, I remember a 6800 user complaining of an internet error code too around the same time as this thread popped up.
LOL, that seems to have been some of the problem anyway (& it darn near gave a few of us Sprint/Verizon users heart attacks)

~John
Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I've had Sprint for 10yrs now and the only problems I've ever had with them is getting my bill wrong. But a quick call always corrected it. Never any dropped calls, unless I was going under a bridge or out in the woods somewhere (which is never). Never had a problem with text not coming through. Text taking 8hrs to come through is crazy.

I can only remember not having service in the last 10yrs maybe two or three times. 1st being down in St . Stephens, SC back in 1998 on my grandparents land. But hell they have well-water and dirt roads, so I expected that. but 2yrs later I had a Roaming signal and now a full signal with data. I think its takes all networks time to get updated. I can remeber back while I was down there, my moms signal stopped when we were still on I-95 S. She didnt have a signal at all until 2001 and she had VZW.

So all in all I think Sprint is great.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't know why people insist on posting post after post after post about how Sprint is cheaper. There has never been any argument about that. If Sprint charged what they do & had service/coverage that was equal (or even close) to what VZ provides, nobody would ever sign up for Verizon again.

That is not the case however, I have had both services & I can truthfully say this is a perfect case of "you get what you pay for". We have a corporate account through where I work & we could switch tomorrow to any service available if we wanted to.

I work in IT & I get a lot of the calls transferred to me from our people in the field when they are *****!ing/complaining about cell service problems. Last years, we swapped almost 80 phones from Sprint to VZ service (& it certainly wasn't to save money). Complaint calls on the cell service has dropped probably 95% since the change (I don't think I field two calls a month at this point, when we had Sprint service we darn near had to assign a person full time to this type of cr@p) We where CONSTANTLY smoothing over problems where a corporate customer was justifiably upset because they didn't receive a timely response to an SMS that either never arrived at all or was 8 hours late because Sprint couldn't deliver it in a timely manner.

~John
Yes, your anecdotal evidence is proof positive that VZW has a better network. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I've been a Sprint customer since they launched in 1998 here in Indianapolis, and I've never had an issue with service, never had a bad experience with customer service, never really had an issue at all. In Indianapolis, Sprint has the far superior network, and VZW is poop. But in the end, the truth of the matter is, both networks overall are very very close to each other in terms of performance and reliability.

80 phones is hardly a good sample when you consider there are 54 million subscribers. Sorry.

I would also never send an ultra important business communication via SMS. There's this awesome thing called e-mail.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

look the thread isn't about sprint v verizon (as much as I'd like it to be)
its about the hole being exposed and now its gone
Old 03-26-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep

Has anyone tried the meid method successfully? Ive always used the MEID method when activating my phone from the online business account method, is it just the *228 method that has been hosed? (that method never worked for me anyways, always had to go online and do it through my business accnt login)

* oh and everyone else please lets keep this thread on information on how to fix this issue instead of the back and forth about how VZW suxx (its been established)

Last edited by aarondeep; 03-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondeep View Post
Has anyone tried the meid method successfully? Ive always used the MEID method when activating my phone from the online business account method
Somebody I know just tried that & it didn't work with a Diamond, he got a recording telling him to call Vz.

~John
Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post

I would also never send an ultra important business communication via SMS.
Neither would I if I had Sprint service, we find it a valuable business tool & use it daily with Verizon however.

~John
Old 03-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Fan Boys are awesome. I have used all major carriers since 1999.... in my area and on the road. Sprint has never let me down.

I had reception issues with AT&T (before it merged with Cingulair and was renamed AT&T again), VZW, Cingulair, TMobile... etc..... and I have stuck with Sprint.

For what it's worth VZW is the highest rated carrier in my metro area by consumer reports.... but I have never had suffered any usability issues, quality issues, or service issues with Sprint.... so not really worth paying extra when in my area Sprint is the better value. I have taken my Sprint phones many places too including Alaska and Hawaii....... Not trying to win converts, just testifying.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Heres the deal here in az....Verzion has the larger network. However Sprints is faster. Call reliability is about the same...All though i drop more calls on my personal (verizon) than my work (sprint) but i use my personal more. and it always drops in the same areas.

In az verizon also throttles data....you get that inital burst which is higher than sprints. but after it balances out the sprint side is consistantly faster.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

the topic is about finding any new methods of allowing foreign phones on carriers not carrier specific discussion
that said has anyone gone through the meid add?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro