PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

SmoothJuice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

VICTORY!!! I got my ESN/MEID number added to the database!! And I got some contact info for the guy that got it done. So I'll make a deal with you guys if I get some help I'll tell you exactly what I did. Deal? cool So I've been checking this forum for a while and always seem to find 2 or 3 different tutorials as to how to set up the phone.(I'm not talking about roms and such cuz that's personal preference) I'm more talking about the settings like MIP, which PRL, and all that jazz. So if some one could post or PM me the best tutorial/settings that'd be great. Also, some good roms would be helpful to, preferably something performance based to increase speed, operational and good on battery life. Thanks everyone.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Sent you a PM

~John
Old 06-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mwsheriff1 is a n00b

Thanks all for all the good info. I am learning quickly. I am a noob and read this thread after I purchased a Sprint Touch Pro whcih I wanted to put on Verizon. I have a question that might sound like I don't know what I am doing... and maybe I don't. I went in to my local verizon store and talked to a nice lady. I explained that I had the sprint tp and wanted it on the network. She of course said she couldn't help me .....but... she said it could be done and printed me out the instructions of how to "manually" program the phone the same as if dialing *228 . The instructions tell me how to set the MDN, the MIN, the NPA, and the SID (is this the same as the MSID???).

I am sure this doesn't put my MEID/ESN on their DMD... but would these steps at least connect the phone to the verizon network? Or is the above not really connecting me to the Verizon network, just programming my phone? I am starting to wonder if she lady knew what she was talking about even though I clearly said I needed to put my MEID on the DMD. she was convinced that these instructions would by pass the need to check the MEID against the DMD.

I am currently a verizon customer and would like to retire my Palm 700w and use the same number. Any suggestions, comments or help would be appreciated.

Last edited by mwsheriff1; 06-13-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve View Post
Am I correct in saying that the new VZW ROM updates the PRL, too (to 58002 or something)? If so, what did you do about roaming?
I don't believe it did. It seemed to only update the ROM and Radio, not the PRL as when I did the *228 is when I got the roaming Icon. Currently I reflashed to MightyROM5_06.09.09_Herman and loaded the last version of the modified PRL (51284M.PRL) and I'm good again.

I _really_ wish that *228 would work... I don't have the skills to figure it out either. I recall something about the ERI that needs to be reset?
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

OK, question for all of you in the same boat. . .I have my Sprint TP that I flashed over to the VZW ROM, and changed the configuration to make it work on VZW. I just never got my MEID added to the database. After a couple weeks, and with my Mogul failing, I've decided to revert my TP back to Sprint.

Originally I followed the general procedure outlined here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=120 to convert from Sprint to VZW.

I'm having trouble getting the data to work now that I'm back on Sprint. I flashed the 'shipped' Sprint ROM. I changed my MSL back. I keep getting a code 67 error saying that my vision username cannot be authenticated. I know I missed something, I just don't know what. FWIW, I also have a roaming triangle all the time.

Ideas?

<EDIT>: Fixed it. I did a ##786# and that fixed my corrupt EPST settings. I think what happened is that I made too many attempts to initially provision my phone, that Sprint locked my vision account on their end. Then subsequent attempts failed. This forum rocks.

Last edited by TrainSafe; 06-15-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSafe View Post
This forum rocks.
Agreed!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife View Post
I don't believe it did. It seemed to only update the ROM and Radio, not the PRL as when I did the *228 is when I got the roaming Icon. Currently I reflashed to MightyROM5_06.09.09_Herman and loaded the last version of the modified PRL (51284M.PRL) and I'm good again.

I _really_ wish that *228 would work... I don't have the skills to figure it out either. I recall something about the ERI that needs to be reset?
+1 on *228. It just plain bugs me that I might not be getting the service I'm paying dearly for from "the network". I've been working on a program to parse the PRL files with the goal of automatically updating them to fix the roaming problem, e.g. convert 51284->51284m. But, I don't understand enough of the theory behind it yet . (....must....keep....reading....).
Old 06-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Alright everything seemed to work great and I now have my Sprint TP on VZW after about a week. One thing can anyone tell me how to get data to work correctly? I think I have to do the mall basement 1x trick but I'm not sure? I keep getting the error code 67 about PCS username and password. Help i'm almost there!!

P.S. Once I get this figured out I'm gonna put together exactly what I did for everyone. That way we can change this from a (no longer working) to a How to !

Last edited by SmoothJuice; 06-16-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post
Alright everything seemed to work great and I now have my Sprint TP on VZW after about a week. One thing can anyone tell me how to get data to work correctly? I think I have to do the mall basement 1x trick but I'm not sure? I keep getting the error code 67 about PCS username and password. Help i'm almost there!!

P.S. Once I get this figured out I'm gonna put together exactly what I did for everyone. That way we can change this from a (no longer working) to a How to !
There was a step in the upgrade where you had to change the user name from the default sprint values to the verizon ones. IIRC you had to do it in the EPST MIP Profile and set the NAI to <yournumber>@vzw3g.com.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post

On your phone, go to start --> settings --> connection then click Manage exisiting connection, you should see something like "data network connection" number #777 from there click edit, the username should be your phone#@vzw3g.com the password is 'vzw' without the quotes. click finish and you should be off to the races.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro