PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

knife is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to knife
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I hate that start menu quite a lot - I'll give QuickMenu a try. At least my version (Initial release of Mighty5) was proned to freezes, increased battery drain, and general bugs (dialer especially).

I might that Merdin ROM and see if it works a bit better for me.
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife View Post
I hate that start menu quite a lot - I'll give QuickMenu a try. At least my version (Initial release of Mighty5) was proned to freezes, increased battery drain, and general bugs (dialer especially).

I might that Merdin ROM and see if it works a bit better for me.
You might want to give Merdin's ROM a try. I have been running it for three weeks & it has not frozen up once (& I have a TON of programs loaded). The dialer works perfectly also.

The battery life is absolutely amazing also, it has BY FAR the best batt life I have ever gotten with ANY ROM (6.1 or 6.5)

I don't know what they where thinking with that stupid start menu, everybody hates that. If you use QuickMenu you have two ways you can go however. You can have QM totally replace the start menu with the cascading start menu, or you can put a shortcut to QM as the top shortcut in the 6.1 start menu & then use either option.

~John
Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yup, flashing to Merdins_Windows-Mobile6.5Pro-Edition_V4.5_5-17-09 right now, applying Quickmenu 2.8 and hopefully feeling a bit better about my job security
Old 06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
I haven't really kept up with the treads for a month or so, work has been quite the pain lately, and yes I've tried searching but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Q: For us Sprint TP on VzW people, does this latest release allow us to get the *228 functionality back without having to load the modified PRL to remove the roaming icon?

I assume the new PRI would allow us to use the *228 to download the proper Verizon PRL, which would mean we are using Verizon approved PRI and PRL and still having the GPS, Data and Voice capabilities. I just want to see if anyone has.

1. Loaded the new Verizon PRI (which version was it)
2. Does GPS/Voice/Data continue to work fine (I assume it would)
3. Does *228 result in full PRL download without roaming icon?
4. Did you try the new VzW radio? If so, did it improve anything over the other radios (I'm using 1.07.06F and find it pretty balanced). How was the battery life?

Thanks + Kudos (and no, unfortunately not the snack bar) come your way for valid responses.

Why load VZW rom on the Sprint Touch Pro? The VZW touch pro is physically different then the Sprint/Alltel/ATT, etc touch pro. (It has different chip number) Why don't we load the Alltel rom instead which in my mind would have all the proper drivers and such for the sprint touch pro and should be compatiable with VZW's network. Question is, can we get the Alltel rom?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhall77 View Post
Why load VZW rom on the Sprint Touch Pro? The VZW touch pro is physically different then the Sprint/Alltel/ATT, etc touch pro. (It has different chip number) Why don't we load the Alltel rom instead which in my mind would have all the proper drivers and such for the sprint touch pro and should be compatiable with VZW's network. Question is, can we get the Alltel rom?
For me, it was to get the VZW PRI/PRL and Radio. I want OTA PRL updates without inducing roaming. I've also heard that the Radio locks GPS within 2-3 seconds so I want to check that out. Not really interested in their ROM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve View Post
For me, it was to get the VZW PRI/PRL and Radio. I want OTA PRL updates without inducing roaming. I've also heard that the Radio locks GPS within 2-3 seconds so I want to check that out. Not really interested in their ROM.
Exactly. I had that ROM loaded for about 20 minutes. Planned to flash to VzW ROM for the new Radio and PRI and hope that the over-the-air programming gave me PRLs that I didn't need to modify.

As for the Alltel ROM, I'm sure its floating around someplace.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve View Post
But VZW owns Alltel now. You believe you'd still roam with the Alltel Rom/PRI/PRL updates?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
No matter what PRI you use, you'll still need a modified PRL to get rid of the roaming triangle. nobody seems to know why this is. I've loaded the new PRI without a problem and attempted the *228 update. I havent yet updated the radio as I'm waiting for more more of a consensus as to performance.
From a few messages back, seems we Sprint TPs roam regardless currently until we load the modified PRLs.

I did confirm that once loading the new VzW ROM (and Radio) I roamed after a *228.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
N00b

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Quote:
From a few messages back, seems we Sprint TPs roam regardless currently until we load the modified PRLs.

I did confirm that once loading the new VzW ROM (and Radio) I roamed after a *228.
Am I correct in saying that the new VZW ROM updates the PRL, too (to 58002 or something)? If so, what did you do about roaming?
Old 06-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

Dizz-e90 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Hey everyone, I have a humble request open to anyone (im desperate). I promise have done homework (aside from my college homework and Exams) by constantly Bouncing back and forth through Threads And FORUMS absorbing every bit of info i could about activating my sprint TP on Verizon. i just cant figure this out. I have already unlocked it and flashed MightyRom5 on it. But that is the extent of my ppc knowledge So I am asking if some one would be kind enough to take in my TouchPro (ill ship it to you), and work their expert Magic on it and get my MEID added to the DMD and all that programing jazz on it. and then ship it back to me. I am willing to pay some $ for this service. I am an humble person and will not create any hassle, just love my TP and wanna use it on verizon network.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro