PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilynx View Post
i realize this is for the touch pro, but has anyone tried this for the mogul (ppc6800)? any reason it wouldn't work?

tia,
ilynx
Here is a QVGA version of it. It should work for sending. but you will still most likely get a SMS with a link that you have to go to your browser to download the pics... But you will be able to send

Let me know if it works... I don't have a Mogul to test it on,
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79-QVGA.cab (2.00 MB, 426 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
Well, I am still waiting for confirmation that people receive my messages, but it seems like they should. It seems to work great.

I am running the stock Sprint ROM and another benefit of this over the last version (for me anyway) is that outgoing MMS is threading now too (not just incoming)!!

Thanks all involved!
Send a message to yourself. That is a good test.. Been doing that all day tweaking it. Usually receive it within a minute.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
Send a message to yourself. That is a good test.. Been doing that all day tweaking it. Usually receive it within a minute.
Yeah, I got my tests to myself and my email right away. For some reason, though, in a past version of Arcsoft (not the last version) that worked but non-Sprint and non-email users never got them... it was odd.

I did just get confirmation, though... so this is working great. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanx for this, I will install and try it out on my Pro! I also have some friends with Mogul so I'll have them test the QVGA!!

I will report the findings!!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Thanx for this, I will install and try it out on my Pro! I also have some friends with Mogul so I'll have them test the QVGA!!

I will report the findings!!
If it works, I'll post it in the Titian Section
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900 touch pro

ilynx is a n00b

i am currently installing this on my mogul, so i'll let you know what i find. also, i found the following quote from someone named "KillerQ" that i think is the same person you thank in this thread. does anything that he says in this post have any relevancy to what i am doing here?

"Hey all,

Ok, I figured it out. I love this app because it serves the same purpose (and more) of the 'official' sprint mms app, but won't give you the low memory error...

Download Arcsoft MMS here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1228794338

and apply this change:

Use your regedit program and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI
Click to open EnableServerEdit and change the key from 0 to 1. Soft reset (if you need).

Go to your pocket outlook mail box. It should show you that you are have an mms folder. Select menu, then select MMS Configuration. Select the Severs tab and Change

http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms

to

http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms

And BINGO! It works perfectly!

Works on my Sprint Mogul WM 6.1

Hope this helps."
Old 03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilynx View Post
i am currently installing this on my mogul, so i'll let you know what i find. also, i found the following quote from someone named "KillerQ" that i think is the same person you thank in this thread. does anything that he says in this post have any relevancy to what i am doing here?

"Hey all,

Ok, I figured it out. I love this app because it serves the same purpose (and more) of the 'official' sprint mms app, but won't give you the low memory error...

Download Arcsoft MMS here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1228794338

and apply this change:

Use your regedit program and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI
Click to open EnableServerEdit and change the key from 0 to 1. Soft reset (if you need).

Go to your pocket outlook mail box. It should show you that you are have an mms folder. Select menu, then select MMS Configuration. Select the Severs tab and Change

http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms

to

http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms

And BINGO! It works perfectly!

Works on my Sprint Mogul WM 6.1

Hope this helps."
Those are both wrong.... http://mms.sprintpcs.com is the real one... And there are a bunch more settings behind the scenes
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Is this version any more reliable than the older versions? I have sent a number of picture mails using the older versions and sometimes they go through, but only sometimes. Many times i just end up sending an email.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For the last 2 versions, I've never had an MMS mysteriously not arrive at it's destination. Before that... yeah.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
For the last 2 versions, I've never had an MMS mysteriously not arrive at it's destination. Before that... yeah.
Wondering how many versions back I am. I currently am runnning Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44-full.
Was this the previous release, or am I WAY behind the 8-ball? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro