PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Harware HOME button??

I've had my TP for a lil over a month or so and the Home button is sticking out way too much. Is this happenin to anyone else? If so were you able top get a new one or at least a Refurb. I mean its I guess a manufacturers deffect no? I really like my phone but this button or if you dont know what I mean,the side that is sticking out is the the one with the HOME and TALK functions. Im really bugged about this. Thank you for all your answers. Im on Alltel and dont know the way they take on things like this.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Harware HOME button??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
I've had my TP for a lil over a month or so and the Home button is sticking out way too much. Is this happenin to anyone else? If so were you able top get a new one or at least a Refurb. I mean its I guess a manufacturers deffect no? I really like my phone but this button or if you dont know what I mean,the side that is sticking out is the the one with the HOME and TALK functions. Im really bugged about this. Thank you for all your answers. Im on Alltel and dont know the way they take on things like this.
Some people had this issue. However, not all of them got it replaced for free.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

If you bought it new you should have a 1 year warranty - one option is to take it to a Sprint repair store and tell them the home key does not function all of the time.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had mine since Nov. 1 and it was flush. Now, it sticks up and is getting worse. So far it still works. I do though, have a mirrored screen protector that covers the screen and the hardware button area so it's not noticable to anyone but me.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

This is a pretty well known issue... as you can see here.

I've since had my phone replaced twice, the first replacements didn't have the same issue, nether did the second replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro