PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

mommasboy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacement phone

hello all, Does sprint not give replacement phones in the store anymore. I live in New York and every sprint store I go to(about 5), they tell me that they have to order it and that I will receive it in about a week. My phone no longer vibrates and it freezes alot. Ironically enough the freezing part started when I loaded the stock rom on so I could take it back to sprint. They told me as long as I can make a call and receive one (even though the screen freezes at times and so I miss the call) they cant give me one on the spot. They have to order it from their warehouse. Has anybody else gone thru this? I would love to know if this is their new policy or is this just a geographic thing, cause I know some stores operate different from state to state.

Last edited by mommasboy; 03-09-2009 at 03:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Replacement phone

ive had sprint order me one when i had the touch and they didnt have any in the store so they ordered me another one and i just had to pick it up from them a few days later.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

yeah, it's pretty much standard now that they order the phone and you wait 2-3 days for it.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks I figured that. Were both of your phones refurbished?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

1 was. but it came from tech support. the ones that the store orders are usually new.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

the one they ordered me wasnt in the box but it was new, never had been activated. you can always check to see if its a refurb by dialing a code. i dont know it off the top of my head but i can find it for you.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The store told me that I would be getting a refurbished one. My phone is in mint condition physically and I'm scared that i'm going to get a chipped up and scratched phone.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Account Disabled

the one i got was in great shape. i think they even put new chrome on it because it was very new looking. moon, i think that code is ##778# for sprint.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Service & repair centers will replace it out of stock (at least around central florida) if they have one available, which is at the store owner's discretion. Sprint does not provide any seedstock or loaner phones, but they must be obtained or purchased by the owner of the Service & Repair Center. It normally takes anywhere between 1 or 2 or possibly up to 5 business days for the replacement phones to come in.

That code you are referring to is the ##786# for sprint.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yup, when my Mogul died on me they replaced it on the spot, but when that mogul started giving me problems with overheating and the USB slot, Sprint told me that since it was still able to place calls, they'd have to order a phone for me from the warehouse in Texas. Lucky for me though the one they ordered from the warehouse turned out to be a brand new one instead, unlike the refurbished one they provided me on the spot the previous time. Seems to be Sprint policy now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro