PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

ahiggins24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ahiggins24 Send a message via Skype™ to ahiggins24
pros of the touch pro

My husband is on the fence about this phone. By looking at the forums, there seems to be a lot of issues. We have to purchase this at full price, so we wanted to make sure it was everything it was talked up to be. It is a lot of money for a phone, and we would like to see what you users think about it. Thanks a lot. I should state that we are both smart phone users. I have the omnia + love it. He has the xv 6800 and likes it, but it is getting flaky. He loves the keyboard better on this and that is why he's looking at the TP. Thanks again.

We went to verizon today and talked to a manager. He worked it out so my hubby can get his $100 discount since he was due for upgrade before switch. He also gets the $70 mail in rebate and reduced the price to $399. Total for phone came to $229 before tax. Phone should be here in a day or two. I thank everyone for all their advice. He will be all over the forums to tweak it out. You guys have been great!

Last edited by ahiggins24; 02-22-2009 at 08:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: pros of the touch pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahiggins24 View Post
My husband is on the fence about this phone. By looking at the forums, there seems to be a lot of issues. We have to purchase this at full price, so we wanted to make sure it was everything it was talked up to be. It is a lot of money for a phone, and we would like to see what you users think about it. Thanks a lot.

Just fyi,

The sheer nature of forums like this is to attract people with issues - so it will always seem more problematic as compared the entire population...

Also, the pros depend on what you are comparing it to. It pretty much does anything.... (no FM radio, no front camera for video conferencing - but those are advanced features. Search for a review on cnet.com or youtube for video feedback)

Later,

Matt!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

No phone is without issues, even the Jesus phone (aka iPhone) is without issues. If there is a problem with the software there is very little this community can't help you with any hardware issues can be taken up with Sprint or insurance to get a replacement. As for my personal opinion it is a great phone, although I still like my Mogul more had it been designed with at least double the amount of RAM it had (64mb is NOT enough for 6.1 and fancy interface -_-). But as my second smart phone, it is a great choice for new users or current users with older devices.

You will never have to worry about the lack of RAM due to the 288mb RAM, runs fairly well even out of the box, the internet speeds (both tethered and regular usage) seems to be slower than the Mogul's, but this issue should be solved in time as more ROM updates are released, since it took at least 3 revisions before it was given Rev. A connection. For now, with all the custom ROMs and such, also all the little tweaks and apps that can help you customize the phone to your liking, it is a really great and dependable phone. It has very little issues out of the box and the VGA screen is BEAUTIFUL and redesigned keyboard is more cramped than usual, but you get a dedicated number row. Although I miss the scroll wheel, extra hardware buttons and normal d-pad of my Mogul, it is still a fantastic device and you will not miss those items if you never had them before, even if you miss them the redesign layout and interface is pretty effective at minimizing the need for those item.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

I just ordered a touch pro, should be here in a few days.. now I see touch pro 2 coming out, wish I would have waited for that.. wow that looks really nice.. love the screen size/res.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahiggins24 View Post
My husband is on the fence about this phone. By looking at the forums, there seems to be a lot of issues. We have to purchase this at full price, so we wanted to make sure it was everything it was talked up to be. It is a lot of money for a phone, and we would like to see what you users think about it. Thanks a lot.
If your husband wants a phone to make calls and take pictures...this is not the phone for him. The Samsung Instinct or something else will do. If he wants a phone he personalize and that can just about do anything....there is no better phone on the market then the TP. It is an awesome phone.

Just my 2cents...

Tp
Old 02-22-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Toucj Pro

PdaAddict is a n00b

IMHO TP is a jack of all trades master of none. If you are looking for a reliable phone that you don't have to charge every day get a simple phone. if you like to personalize and tweak ALL THE TIME get TP. my 2 cents.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Meh, it's just 500$ BUY IT! :P

I'm actually pretty happy with it...I haven't had many issues with it in a while...but I'm very happy with it.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

turbored is a n00b

It has issues in stock form. If you run the cabs to make it more efficient/faster, it's a great phone; but battery life definitely could be better.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

Besides battery life, I have no complaints, but I guess I should expect my phone to run low on juice after I'm on the internet for 3 hours, while texting.....
Old 02-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor

I paid full retail for mine on Sprint, because my contract wasn't up and I didn't want to extend it or change plans.

I don't think I would be as happy paying full retail for the Verizon version, but it is an awesome phone.

I think the Sammy "Omnia is a great phone, but all you have to do is look at the difference in the screen resolution on the TP and your hooked. The only thing I don't like about the phone is the battery life (thinking about bricking it with a mugen 3000mah battery).

Tell him to get it. It's a good upgrade from the xv6800.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro