PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

RTornio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with my Sprint Touch Pro

Last night i was using my phone, and my battery went dead. No big deal i though. I plugged it in, and it started charging. When i turned it back on, it was extremely slow to load anything. I mean, it took 10-15 minutes for it to load the Touch Flo screen. And on top of that, the keys at the bottom do not work (send, end, back, home, and the touch wheel)... I thought it might have been a software issue, so i did a hard reset, and still the same problem. So i updated the ROM to a stock sprint ROM, and still the same problem. Am i gunna have to buy a new phone? Anyone know of a fix? Thanks in advance...

BTW.. awesome website guys! Tons of cool info... if i get my phone working right, im going to flash a new ROM into it
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Re: Problems with my Sprint Touch Pro

seems like the keys just stopped working hopefully you have insurance or its still under the 1 year warranty. the same thing happened to my g/f's mogul a while back it was with in 30 day so i just swapped it out
Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RTornio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
seems like the keys just stopped working hopefully you have insurance or its still under the 1 year warranty. the same thing happened to my g/f's mogul a while back it was with in 30 day so i just swapped it out
I wonder why it would be so slow then? The backlighting on the buttons works fine, it just seems like the phone doesnt recognize if you press any of them. I dont have a protection plan, but im trying to add it through Sprint now. The phone is less than a year old, but it was purchased through a friend, so i doubt if HTC will warranty it.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

TEP has to be added to a line within the first 30 days of ordering the line or upgrading to a new phone.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RTornio is a n00b

Something new now... the phone wont charge when i plug it into the charger. And the soft reset button on the bottom of the phone doesnt work either.

Talked to HTC, they wont warranty it since it wasnt bought from a dealer.

Looks like i might have to buy a new one... or switch providers.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Sounds like an internal hardware issue. Your internal ROM image storage may be bad. NAND flash isn't perfect. Just to be sure, take out the microSD card, do a hard reset under a full charge.

Sprint should still replace it if you have TEP, as that is tied to the phone number, not the phone. or at the very least, HTC will replace it under the 1 yr manfacturer warranty.

BE SURE TO REFLASH TO THE STOCK SPRINT ROM AND RE-LOCK IT BEFORE DOING ANY WARRANTY WORK OR ELSE YOU WILL BE S.O.L.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTornio View Post
Something new now... the phone wont charge when i plug it into the charger. And the soft reset button on the bottom of the phone doesnt work either.

Talked to HTC, they wont warranty it since it wasnt bought from a dealer.

Looks like i might have to buy a new one... or switch providers.
I was going to suggest Mutiny32's advice and flash back to the stock ROM and relock it, but if you can't even get a full charge, that may not work... It almost sounds like your phone might now better serve as a throwing weapon or a small paddle. It certainly does seem to be hardware related though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
N00b

chaotik is a n00b

That's exactly what happened to me. My bottom buttons won't work AT ALL. I've done everything, soft reset, hard reset, nothing works.

I'm exchanging it.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RTornio is a n00b

Anyone know if theres a site where i can buy parts for this phone? I had this phone completely torn apart.. and couldnt find any physical damage, but im thinking either the ribbon flex cable inside could be damaged or the board that the lower buttons are on is damaged.. either way, if i can order parts, it'd be cheaper than buying a new phone
Old 02-22-2009, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTornio View Post
Anyone know if theres a site where i can buy parts for this phone? I had this phone completely torn apart.. and couldnt find any physical damage, but im thinking either the ribbon flex cable inside could be damaged or the board that the lower buttons are on is damaged.. either way, if i can order parts, it'd be cheaper than buying a new phone
Man, now you can't get the phone fixed through any legit place anymore...

I was going to suggest, since it sounds like you have the ability to buy a new phone or renew contract, (going by what you said about time to buy a new phone or change providers) buy another phone from sprint, make it cheap if you want, even free if it your desire. Then add the TEP, switch back ti your pro, go in and get it fixed. That's the cheapest way to go. but since you opened the phone up...idk.

ALSO, if you don't want to get a new phone for like the millions of dollars that sprint will charge if you are not renewing, you could buy one off of Ebay. The important part is that the phone's ESN has NEVER!!! EVER!! EVER!! been reported to sprint for activation. This will make sprint think that you just upgraded, thus allowing them to put TEP on your account. This worked for me, I bought a phone of craigslist and they never activated so I was able to put TEP on it.

Something along the lines of:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Green-Rumor-Cell-Phone-Never-Used-Activated_W0QQitemZ140301789476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ PDA_Accessories?hash=item140301789476&_trksid=p328 6.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1 |240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

under 100 to get your Pro replaced. Maybe look into getting it repaired by sprint, though I think that they will charge you lots o' money for that.

Hopes this helps.

CD

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro