PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
I'm fairly certain that as soon as you disable it from the today screen, it will no longer have an effect on the system.

The Home button tied to manilla, quirky Qmenu task switching, HTC Audio taking over the A2DP player... all that stuff about TF3D that drives me CRAZY stops when I disable it and reboot. Physical removal should not be necessary.
I was thinking the same thing since I've been using WAD instead of TF3D and there are no manilla carryovers in that case.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
I'm fairly certain that as soon as you disable it from the today screen, it will no longer have an effect on the system.

The Home button tied to manilla, quirky Qmenu task switching, HTC Audio taking over the A2DP player... all that stuff about TF3D that drives me CRAZY stops when I disable it and reboot. Physical removal should not be necessary.
hhmmmm. thats good to know. that way i can use others roms and just uncheck tf3d. of course like stifiling said, why have two things installed that do the same thing. why have tf3d installed and taking up space when i won't use it.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has anyone tried ThrottleLauncher on their VGA devices yet?

I never looked at it when I had a Titan because I was happy with Ultimate Launch, but this actually looks pretty damned cool. I'm wondering if the reason no one talks about it is that it doesn't run well on VGA... but then again, I don't see any threads talking about THAT either. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

have you tried point ui yet? ive been using it for a couple of days and like it. Its pretty dummied down but runs as smooth as melted butter.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

You could always go with good old HTC Home . I have a version linked in my sig.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

biff441 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I have to say that is pretty weird. MMikes rom has the cfc - compressed HD version, which along with maxed out buffers per the essentials thread should be faster then my version running on top of the stock rom - and mine keeps up with me just fine.

How much free mem do you have? You don't need a boatload, so adding common apps to the exclude list in HTC Task Manager will keep em in memory and really speed up switching. I have opera and email always loaded since I'm most often flipping between them, and (along with insane buffer settings) I still have 80MB+ ram free. More then enough

Or as suggested above, just disable it and run whatever you were running on your mogul. I hear that's nice too
Schettj,

Does HTC Manager work on the Mogul?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff441 View Post
Schettj,

Does HTC Manager work on the Mogul?
I'm not Schettj, but yes there is an HTC Task Manager for the Mogul. I believe it's built into the stock rom. It would be the drop down menu in the top right corner that lists what apps are running. (just in case you aren't sure what it is, I apologize if you know already). I could try to find the cab I used when I had my Mogul and installed a clean ROM if you don't have it.

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 02-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Try the version of Manila that ruskiyab has inside his HD People tab port ... it sped up TF3D on my device significantly. (CFC version)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=28

As for the X button, that's a screen sensitivity issue, try boosting it and using TouchResponse for haptic feedback. Less propensity toward double-tapping things because you know the device registered the tap.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

ncob96 is a n00b

I hate 3d, i have nothing but problems. now i havemighty mikes and when i goto use certain apps it tells me i do not have enough memory to run the program. I know there is a memoy leek how can i fix it?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

biff441 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I'm not Schettj, but yes there is an HTC Task Manager for the Mogul. I believe it's built into the stock rom. It would be the drop down menu in the top right corner that lists what apps are running. (just in case you aren't sure what it is, I apologize if you know already). I could try to find the cab I used when I had my Mogul and installed a clean ROM if you don't have it.
Bonzaiwolfe,

I haven't flashed my Rom yet. I'm trying to figure out what the best build would be for me and which Rom.

I have HTC's WM 6.1 upgrade and use the HTC TM so I'm sure I have it. Since you have a Mogul, what was the fastest and most stable Rom you flashed? I gave you a thanks for your post. I'm new at this so I am giving out lots of "Thanks."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro