PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

superflysocal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro problem receiving calls

Perhaps we should consider the possibility of a software problem, including tf3d or s2u2. Anybody not running these programs are having these issues?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I uninstalled s2u2 and installed pocketshield. Already had 1 missed cll (didn't even ring, went straight to VM).

I am going to try to disable tf3d and see if it makes a difference. Hope others try as well.

This is an annoying problem.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

i have disabled tf3d for about 1 week now and have noticed no missed call that i know of. It may be coincidental, since it would require two things to happen before i would notice, someone calling me with me no getting the phone call and that person leaving a voicemail or telling me later that they called and my phone has no record of it. However, i think it is enough to investigate further and i hope others who have had more of a problem with this issue try this also.

Keep in mind we are not talking about missing a call with 0 or 1 bar. When i had my phone at first, i was missing calls in areas that i get 3 to 4 bars. I even called myslef three times in a row at work, and the third time my phone did not ring at all.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have this issue as well, where the phone seems to disconnect from the tower.

In my apartment with the stock Sprint radio I have 0-2 bars of service... This just isn't right because my Helio Ocean (which is AWFUL for radio reception) gets 4/5-5/5 in the exact same locations. I switched to a different radio and I get 3-4/7 now, which seems ok, but this is what I have noticed.

When signal is poor (as if 3 bars with 3g can be called "poor") the phone will tend to disconnect from the tower. Calls, texts, and other 1x transmissions (voicemail notification, etc) will not come through in this time... It's like the phone stops polling the tower. To correct this, call your voicemail and wait 20 seconds, the texts will be pushed through, and calls will work again for a while - at least until the phone disconnects from the tower again.

I have made a habit out of calling my voicemail all of the time, if you look at my phone bill I have about 3x more calls to my voicemail than I have incoming/outgoing total... all of them 1 minute (about 20 seconds, to be specific) long. This is the only way I have to get my texts pushed through and make it so I can receive calls. It's only like this in my apartment, which really sucks. Other places I'm moving around so signal goes up and down and calls and texts will come through, but when I'm here it's nothing, and it's very frustrating.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Helio is a Sprint MVNO, so my main reason for switching to Sprint is I knew I'd have excellent service in my new apartment... but I guess I was wrong.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

matpal is a n00b

bump.

I am having the no-ring issue on my second TP after they exchanged the first one for me.

Has there been any solution to this yet?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started

So... i'm having this exact same issue with my HTC diamond on Sprint... what everyone is saying here i'm getting on my side. I've started a thread to keep track of EVERYTHING i've tried so far to get this fixed... WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69088

I will try any suggesting by calling myself from my work phone until my phone doesn't respond to an incoming call... feel free to suggest it there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro