PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

livingrock21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
please help

I've flashed to custom roms, and on my 6800 I used the PPCKitchen to cook up my own roms before.

I generally like the sprint rom, actually it's almost perfect, I just dont like all the additional crap they put on there.

So, my question is, if I flash to a stock rom and restart my TP before it starts loading all the extra sprint junk, are there sprint application cabs so that I can get the applications that I want. I want a stock rom without sprint music, sprint tv, sprints program purchase, sprint navigation, and a couple others. Other than that, I generally like all the programs that are on there.

I'm not one to pay extra for those items, so I don't want them. I dont want to open them and have them tell me I started a trial that went to a full subscription.

So, is there anything like this that I can do? Or, is there a way to uninstall these programs? Under remove programs, it doesn't give that option.

Thanks for the help in advance! It's greatly appreciated. I'm sure someone here will be able to help me out.

Last edited by livingrock21; 01-29-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livingrock21 is a n00b
Re: please help

bump

please help

I know there is the stick for sprint clean up, but it doesnt exactly tell me what I need to know.

I'm very appreciative of any information. Thanks for help in advance.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't think a soft reset during customizations would work as it did with the Titan, I noticed that before customizations there was a regular today screen and not TF3D. I would recommend looking for a Clean ROM, I know in the past I was able to find ROM's (for Vogue and Titan) that were basically clean from the bloatware, but would work on Sprint.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Honestly, since nobody knows what a stock ROM's customization include (could be drivers, stuff that is required to run the phone), nor you can really uninstall or change it without pretty much, cook your own ROM.

Your best bet? Give us a list of stuff that you like to have and, step into the CDMA Upgrade section, you will see a LOT of awesome ROMs there that doesn't has all those "crap" yet still has the stuff you would need, maybe some extra stuff here and there too.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livingrock21 is a n00b

Thanks for the replies guys.

So there are no clean roms available.

I thought about cooking my own, but ppckitchen doesnt seem to offer all the cabs that I would want. In their list of cabs to cook with, I dont even really remember seeing TF3D. I maybe wrong about that, may have just over looked it.

Also, I may be confused, but it doesnt seem as though the TP is supported with ppckitchen. Once again, I could def. be wrong about this too. What other cooking software is out there if any? If there are otheres, which one would you recommend? Any particular base rom recommendations (nue's?)?

Thanks for all the great help thus far! Hopefully I'll get answers to these ?'s.. Thanks it advance!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livingrock21 is a n00b

Steve,

I want everything except clearvue, jetcet print, pocket express, rss hub, software store, sprint music, sprint tv, sprint navigation, world card mobile.

Is there any custom roms that exclude everything listed, but include everything else?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingrock21 View Post
Steve,

I want everything except clearvue, jetcet print, pocket express, rss hub, software store, sprint music, sprint tv, sprint navigation, world card mobile.

Is there any custom roms that exclude everything listed, but include everything else?
What was your reason that you don't want them? Speed? Or what?

Here's the thing, the cleanest custom ROM so far is the eRice's clean ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46965 , His ROM is the cleanest, it has pretty much nothing but those standard things that came with Windows Mobile.

As for those stuff you need but not part of the cooked ROMs? Well look for cabs around here, you should find them with ease.

OR, use some slightly customized ROMs like the one I use by MightyMike: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695 . It is constantly being updated and removed all those junk you said except couple non-Sprint ones. Yet it is VERY fast and efficient.

Of course look around in the upgrade section and you will see many things besides just the ROM such as Radio and kitchens.

Do make sure you unlock your phone using HardSPL first before you flash the ROM, just step into the upgrades section to get started.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livingrock21 is a n00b

steve,

I just dont want the stuff. I wish there was a way to just remove the stuff I dont want. Lol.

I may go the kitchen route. Then I get exactly what I want. Do most of the kitchens include what already comes with the TP? I know with ppckitchen it did, plus extras. Also, any recommendations as to which kitchen may suit my needs the best? I'm just looking to get rid of the stuff. If I can get performance gains that'd be great too. Like I said though, Izm pretty happy with the stock rom besides batery performance. I tried one battery fix but didn't help. It may have actually made things worde.

Also, I knew about unlocking. Had to do that with my titan as well. They had a way to get back to stock, is that available for the TP also? I'm asking incase I'd have to take it in for repair. I've already thought about it with this battery issue. I'm lucky if I get a half day out of it, and thats if I stay off of it.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingrock21 View Post
steve,

I just dont want the stuff. I wish there was a way to just remove the stuff I dont want. Lol.

I may go the kitchen route. Then I get exactly what I want. Do most of the kitchens include what already comes with the TP? I know with ppckitchen it did, plus extras. Also, any recommendations as to which kitchen may suit my needs the best? I'm just looking to get rid of the stuff. If I can get performance gains that'd be great too. Like I said though, Izm pretty happy with the stock rom besides batery performance. I tried one battery fix but didn't help. It may have actually made things worde.

Also, I knew about unlocking. Had to do that with my titan as well. They had a way to get back to stock, is that available for the TP also? I'm asking incase I'd have to take it in for repair. I've already thought about it with this battery issue. I'm lucky if I get a half day out of it, and thats if I stay off of it.
I know your feeling man Glad I unlocked it and flashed some custom ROM. It's just blazing compare to the stock ROM.

Yes there is a re-locker for the TP as well.

Anyway I'd suggest you try eRice's kitchen. It's VERY clean. All it has is the basic OS, all those basic software that came with WinMo and the HTC requirements.

Look here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42796

Good luck cooking!

Last edited by stevedusa; 01-30-2009 at 12:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro