PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did/Will, you buy this dock?
Yes and I dont have a issue 4 25.00%
No, and I never will because of the issues 10 62.50%
Maybe, and dont care about what you said, ill take my chances 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Caveat emptor (Buyer Beware) "SOLVED"

OK big big problem with this dock.
I posted this in a few other threads but I wanted to make sure people were aware.
Did you Buy this dock?

For some reason when I have it plugged into the wall to charge the extra battery slot and into my computer it feeds power back into my system!! WTF? There should be no connection between the two if the description of the item is correct.

"USB cable sync & charge phone ONLY. AC adapter charge 2nd battery ONLY."

But for some reason after I turn off my computer my PSU is lit up and my power light is on and so are my fans. Once I unplug it all the stuff shuts off. It took me a hour just to get my computer to turn back on after I figured it out. After discharging the system windows booted like molasses. Normal boot time 45seconds. After cheap dock 5minutes. I smell a lawsuit if my crap is fudged up. OK off to do some stress tests to see if anything is failing. People DO NOT BUY THAT DOCK. It is sold on Amazon and other places.

Using the dock and having it feed power back into your system is dangerous. My Computer cant sleep with it plugged in (it wakes up randomly) Also I have had my computer freeze randomly when plugging in or using other USB devices when the dock is plugged in. But every computer is different, Im just not taking any chances.

Edit: OK I opened it up and fixed the issue. Some stupid designer in china had a wire that jumped from the AC to the USB. SO I disconnected it and now it works like advertised. My phone charges and syncs with the Computer USB connection and the spare battery charges from AC. Picture follows.
YOU WILL LOOSE THE ABILITY TO CHARGE YOUR PHONE BY AC IF YOU DO THIS HACK
but since the dock was advertised without that feature it will be just fixing it to work as advertised.

Last edited by mabru2001; 01-27-2009 at 02:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:44 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Caveat emptor (Buyer Beware)

Thanks for the heads up bro I was looking at this dock but no more. Thanks again, let us know how it turns out.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: Caveat emptor (Buyer Beware)

LOL, I think its a feature. (An unwanted feature)

It may do that to *keep a live connection with Sync/Outlook.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Caveat emptor (Buyer Beware) "SOLVED"

Solved, read OP
Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good workTProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good work

I got a dock on eBay just for my bed side charger. I'll check mine and report back. It's a different model.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

thats awesome that you fixed it, we responded befor you hacked it. think ill still stay away from this cradle.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
War is the answer!

by the way was this divice UL listed?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Wait a second... This looks like a dock for the GSM Touch Pro, and I dunno if this could be related to any kind of certain default voltage settings, but if it's European, it's supposed to be in an outlet that supports about 230 volts. Our region's outlets support about 115 volts for example.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the dock from expansys and a sprint TP. Works great! Although it doesn't charge an extra batt but oh well, it still looks cool!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

here's some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP Cradle 1.jpg (268.3 KB, 88 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg TP Cradle 2.jpg (259.4 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro