PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did/Will, you buy this dock?
Yes and I dont have a issue 4 25.00%
No, and I never will because of the issues 10 62.50%
Maybe, and dont care about what you said, ill take my chances 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Caveat emptor (Buyer Beware) "SOLVED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Im not the only one who had the power back feed with this dock. But ill see what happens with the replacement, if it works ill just solder the wire back on this one and send it back.
Did you ever get your replacement docking station? I have the same one and have been waiting for your resolution before doing anything to mine.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
that "stupid pointless part" is a diode. it is designed to prevent back feeding. it only lets current flow in one direction. the diode may have failed or may be forward biased instead of reversed. it is probably fixable to function correctly without loosing the ac charging.
Funny thing is, is when I read the post before looking at the pictures, I thought to myself "Why not just throw a diode in there instead of a direct connection, that way it won't feed back" Just like you said though, they may have had it reverse biased
Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Did you ever get your replacement docking station? I have the same one and have been waiting for your resolution before doing anything to mine.
Yeah got the replacement and it did the same thing. I suggest just disconnecting the wire. I have been happy with the way it works. I can charge a battery with the computer off over night, and charge my phone next to my bed with the original charger. But then also be able to charge my phone while i am working on the computer... I really have no reason to charge my phone when im not by my computer.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:24 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Funny thing is, is when I read the post before looking at the pictures, I thought to myself "Why not just throw a diode in there instead of a direct connection, that way it won't feed back" Just like you said though, they may have had it reverse biased
IDK and I really don't care because I am enjoying the way it is working... the damn blue light is annoying and it is on all the time when the wire is connected. Its pretty damn weird that all the diodes are backwards.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Have you thought that it might be a computer issue...well I guess you did because you said "Every computer is different..." but I know with my computer I have an option in the BIOS to affect my computer when it is asleep. Meaning, that it can be woken up from sleep if I click on my USB mouse, or if I unplug my external hardrive. Change your BIOS setting, if you have one, and see if that allows you to use the dock.

From what it sounds, the diode should have stopped the feedback...Plus, Windows will tell you if there is a power issue with your USB. I have mine tell me that I had a power surge, and that the port was disabled or something.

Just giving my 2/100 of a dollar.

-CD
Old 06-21-2009, 03:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
IDK and I really don't care because I am enjoying the way it is working... the damn blue light is annoying and it is on all the time when the wire is connected. Its pretty damn weird that all the diodes are backwards.
haha, some one was dislexic (sp?)
but that blue light is annoying haha.
I just don't have it plugged into a wall plug.
and I covered the blue light with black electrical tape and just have the clear stylus type thing taped to the dock for now. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd85233 View Post
Have you thought that it might be a computer issue...well I guess you did because you said "Every computer is different..." but I know with my computer I have an option in the BIOS to affect my computer when it is asleep. Meaning, that it can be woken up from sleep if I click on my USB mouse, or if I unplug my external hardrive. Change your BIOS setting, if you have one, and see if that allows you to use the dock.

From what it sounds, the diode should have stopped the feedback...Plus, Windows will tell you if there is a power issue with your USB. I have mine tell me that I had a power surge, and that the port was disabled or something.

Just giving my 2/100 of a dollar.

-CD
so if I do plug this into the wall also, and it starts to feed back to the pc,
it will tell me taht it's feeding back?
I have an older dell dimension 8250 running xp...
Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Now here is a hoot, I have that charger I bought it off eBay. I don't care for the part that hooks to the computer. And I had one like that for my 6800 Mogul and my Blackberry. And as long as the AC was plugged in, I never got it to sync anyways, I would have to unplug it from the wall to sync. I think one of the chargers stated that if it was plugged in to AC it will not sync. But not sure which one said that. (As I always toss out the manual, if you can call that little piece of paper a "manual") I have a laptop and my USB ports are off in sleep mode anyway. I just use the sync cable I have and sync the info together.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro