PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)
Carrier: Sprint

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is Sprint sending me to replace my Touch Pro?

umm do you guys not read the insurance policy "may be refurbished" come on there is nothing wrong with a refurb anyways if anything it just wont have the glitches of a new one
Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

frostrambler is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frostrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I didnt read this whole thread so you may have realized or someone else may have explained. I just got a brand new TP (factory sealed, all accessories, retail box) and it was only 1.8 lbs in shipping info. That means nothing. It was in a very small box too. They are sending you a new TP. Stop whining...

People are abusing the god damn TP replacements. It was a miracle to me that I got a TP to replace my HEAVILY used and malfunctioning Mogul. Some of you clowns are on your 2nd and 3rd TP. Slight variations in manufacturing batches are normal and part of life. It is not necessarily inferior or defective. No wonder Sprint is hemorrhaging. Abusive lil OCD geeks... lol Keep this **** up and Sprint will end up like VZW where you cant get a replacement nearly as easily. Truth hurts...
You didn't read the thread, so you may not have noticed that I already got the TP and its new.

You didn't read the thread and didn't notice that my problem was that my side buttons were sticking into the case, which made them not work, it was a manufacturing defect, and Sprint already approved an exchange in store within seconds, the defect was clear.

You also probably didn't read that I was within 30 days of buying the TP when the problem became very evident, and I was supposed to get a new TP, not a refurb.

Next time, read the thread.

edit: Also, if your Mogul is failing, Sprint should have sent you another Mogul, getting a free upgrade to a Touch Pro from a Mogul is why Sprint is failing. I paid 299.99 for my Touch Pro and upgraded with another 2 years on my contract. I then went ahead and sold my Mogul.

Last edited by frostrambler; 01-27-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bigboy0805 is a n00b

well they just replaced my mogul for the brand new touch pro...it shocked me
Old 01-27-2009, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why wouldn't you want a refurb? Refurb electronics are often better because they have been tested. New products are expected to work, but refurb products are known to work. I use to work at the Nintendo plant back in the GBA days, let me tell you, we tested those GBA for 40 different things to make sure they work. These are all test a new product would have never seen before being shipped off. I heard somewhere that Sprint phones see over even 100 test. I'd gladly take a tested refurb before risking another untested product.

Glad you got your new TP though and hope it works out for you, tested or not
Old 01-27-2009, 06:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6850

Bishop942 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostrambler View Post
You didn't read the thread, so you may not have noticed that I already got the TP and its new.

You didn't read the thread and didn't notice that my problem was that my side buttons were sticking into the case, which made them not work, it was a manufacturing defect, and Sprint already approved an exchange in store within seconds, the defect was clear.

You also probably didn't read that I was within 30 days of buying the TP when the problem became very evident, and I was supposed to get a new TP, not a refurb.

Next time, read the thread.

edit: Also, if your Mogul is failing, Sprint should have sent you another Mogul, getting a free upgrade to a Touch Pro from a Mogul is why Sprint is failing. I paid 299.99 for my Touch Pro and upgraded with another 2 years on my contract. I then went ahead and sold my Mogul.
Waaaaa!!!!! (whiner you shoulve kept your mogul) then you would've had 2 TP's one as a backup.......BTW, I bought mine. "had" the mogul
Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

frostrambler is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frostrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop942 View Post
Waaaaa!!!!! (whiner you shoulve kept your mogul) then you would've had 2 TP's one as a backup.......BTW, I bought mine. "had" the mogul
I could have waited true, but I use my PDA for work daily, its somewhat critical for me. The Mogul crashing every day and the keyboard double presses or non-presses were annoying as all hell.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

rwheeler is a n00b

I havent seen them send any refurbs on the tp yet youll get a new one dont worry...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

VZW is sending out refurbs, or so I'm told. I'll find out today when I get home from work. Should be sitting on my porch.

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

poppa23 is a n00b

I got a replacement TP yesterday from Sprint Advanced Exchange due to my keyboard not functioning at all anymore. Brand new in box!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

I just got my replacement today at the Sprint store... it was brand new with a build date of 1/11/09. First thing I noticed was the damn raised home button. It looks the same as my 10/13 build. I'm going to restore my custom rom and hope that it's somewhat better.

At least i got to keep the battery and accessories on my old one...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro