PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

frostrambler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to frostrambler
What is Sprint sending me to replace my Touch Pro?

I bought a Touch Pro in December, had some issues with it and had it replaced within a few days.

The current one is great, except the two side buttons, the volume buttons, stick when you press down. So instead of lowering the volume by one bar, they just mute the volume completely. To get the button unstuck, I need to get my finger nail in the crack and pull up.

I tried to get it replaced in the store, but they were sold out. So I waited until a few days ago when I heard Sprint was sending out Touch Pros to replace older broken moguls over the sprint website.

So I went ahead to the site, and did an automatic phone replacement.

Every person replacing their mogul with a TP is getting a brand new in-box TP, and the UPS weight is 3.40 pounds.

I just saw my UPS tracking page, and it says that the package coming this Tuesday is 1.80 pounds.

I guess Sprint is not sending me an in-box phone then. Even though the email did say Model Name: UTStarcom Touch Pro Handset Kit

Which is the exact same thing people who are replacing their moguls are getting.

So my question is:

1. I guess I am getting just the phone, which is fine by me, BUT:
a. If it is just the phone. What are the chances its a refurb? Which is fine I guess, as long as it doesn't have any issues.
b. If the replacement phone, refurb or new, has more issues, can I call Sprint and tell them I want to keep the old phone and send the replacement in, because I love my current TP, and have somewhat gotten used to the sticking side buttons, and would much rather have that, than some crazy new issue with a refurb.

2. If the replacement phone comes in and its great, new or refurb, it may not come with the HTC in-box screen protector, which I love. The ones Sprint sells are not cut for the Touch Pro and don't have a speaker hole.
So this replacement phone, if its NOT a retail box, probably won't come with a new screen protector, which means I need to buy one. Which one do you recommend?

I have heard of bestskinsever and boxwave crystal being good.

I really hope the replacement is a new retail box, I tried to switch the my current phone on the 28th day, but the rep told me that they had none in stock, and not to worry since I have the TEP plan. I then went to another sprint store in Manhattan, they ordered a replacement phone, but it didn't come for 2 weeks, even though I kept calling, so I gave up on them too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: What is Sprint sending me to replace my Touch Pro?

It could be a refurb...when I replaced my Mogul a while back it was only shipped in a small box with the phone inside...it was not the retail package.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Prob ref in small ugly box!~
Old 01-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i am in the same boat as you as far as waiting on a replacement. i don't think that sprint has refurbs. only the insurance company assurion has refurbs. if you do get one, just send it back and tell sprint you want a new one.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i am in the same boat as you as far as waiting on a replacement. i don't think that sprint has refurbs. only the insurance company assurion has refurbs. if you do get one, just send it back and tell sprint you want a new one.

How though? Can I just send the refurb back in the envelope, rather than my current one? Should I then call Sprint on *2 and complain?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

For both times I got my phone upgraded through replacements, it was a new-in-box phone, and I only needed to return my phone.

You shouldn't worry because of the weight. They really don't pay attention when they enter the weight of an item if its negligible.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I hope so then, because if it isn't, I guess I need to call *2 and *****, because I tried to get it done within 30 days and was stopped both times. I don't think I deserve a refurb.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

as soon as you get it and find out it's a refurb, call *2 and tell them you don't want a refurb. if it happens when i get my replacement, i'm just writing "return to sender" on the box.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO(no 4g)
Carrier: The big red machine

goonygugle is just getting started

maybe your just getting the phone with no battery or accessories, not sure about sprint but thats what alltel does, its a new phone but just the phone.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonygugle View Post
maybe your just getting the phone with no battery or accessories, not sure about sprint but thats what alltel does, its a new phone but just the phone.
sprint likes their customers! just kidding but i couldn't resist!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro