PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F
Carrier: Sprint

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why did they raise the price for the Pro?

well its a 3 YEAR contract
Old 01-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
Sprint has never priced it at $199.99, only BB has... AFAIK...
agreed. ive seen this "theory" before as if 199 was the normal price. Incorrect, 299 is the NORMAL selling price from sprint and retailers. Best Buy just happened to be running a sale around the holiday season. Best Buy sets their own prices on phones and rebates which Sprint sometimes will honor. But the "normal selling" price is 299 always.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:37 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

damn, 3 years.. i don't keep a phone over a year.. i got the diamond the day it came out and then traded up for the tp the day that came out. i emailed sprint and had them give me the diamond for free, and then paid the difference for the tp, but mailed in the mail in rebate and came out ahead. if you don't like the price, talk to them, they'll usually work something out with you if you're a "valued" customer.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

supply and demand...econ 101?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
I called sprint back in november and they were selling the phones for 199.

Now that they have more phones they increased it to 299. All the stores around me all raised their prices from 199 to 299.

Luckily I went to the store today and they let me purchase it for 199.
Because they are about to go bankrupt and be bought out by VZW so they are trying to save there *** as best as possibvel. They screw them selves over with the awesome rates you guys get... So they need to start making up ground quick....

Hey sprint, bet you wish you didint buy that POS company called next tell dont you? Push to talk! Sounds like you made th right choice there! Push to file backruptcy!

Ever since you bought them you have done nothig but lay people off and lower your stock! Good busniess move! I thoght i did dumb things like put out ROM's without fully testing them.... Nah, nothing vcomparted toa multimillion dollar blunder like that.

Nextel Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Ahahahahahahaha Im sorry guys, that is funny. I cant even say the word with out laughing.... For real!!! Hahahah Next Tel.. Say it three times fast and you will see what I mean!

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-18-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I purchased my TP through Alltel. Ended up paying close to $900 out of pocket for 2 of them with their stupid "early upgrade" fee. At least I'll be getting $200 back in rebates.

And Damn Scrosler that was HARSH & funny as hell! I guess the truth really does hurt. As for me I'm awaiting to be absorbed into The IN Network. Ah the times they are a-changin'

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post
I purchased my TP through Alltel. Ended up paying close to $900 out of pocket for 2 of them with their stupid "early upgrade" fee. At least I'll be getting $200 back in rebates.

And Damn Scrosler that was HARSH & funny as hell! I guess the truth really does hurt. As for me I'm awaiting to be absorbed into The IN Network. Ah the times they are a-changin'
Yup, the truth really does hurt. Of course these are MY analytical observations.... Dont use my advice for buying stock! Im not a trader and my financial advice is very rarely any good!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post

$900?i might have gone the ebay route my man.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Because they are about to go bankrupt and be bought out by VZW so they are trying to save there *** as best as possibvel. They screw them selves over with the awesome rates you guys get... So they need to start making up ground quick....

Hey sprint, bet you wish you didint buy that POS company called next tell dont you? Push to talk! Sounds like you made th right choice there! Push to file backruptcy!

Ever since you bought them you have done nothig but lay people off and lower your stock! Good busniess move! I thoght i did dumb things like put out ROM's without fully testing them.... Nah, nothing vcomparted toa multimillion dollar blunder like that.

Nextel Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Ahahahahahahaha Im sorry guys, that is funny. I cant even say the word with out laughing.... For real!!! Hahahah Next Tel.. Say it three times fast and you will see what I mean!
If you had any clue about the business world you would realize how ridiculous that is. Verizon just finished their acquisition of Alltel, making them the largest wireless carrier in the US. No way the FTC is going to let them buy a company as big as Sprint.

Sprint isn't screwing itself over with their rates. Their Simply Everything plans are actually quite smart. The idiot masses say "dur! hey! I can do everything I want and never get charged an overage" never realizing that if they picked the right plan, they could actually get the same features for less money...

Sprint is the only US carrier with a live, working 4G network. I don't think they would invest in something like that if they were truly on the brink of bankruptcy. Keep in mind T-Mobile just barely got a 3G network up last year, and we're already rolling out 4G.

Sprint may be losing money in the short-term, but they are going to turn it around and become the best carrier in the country.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

epitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

supply and demand, man.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro