PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone not ringing on charger...

Hoping one of the gurus on the forum can help me out with this? For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get my phone to ring when plugged into the charger on my desk at work...I checked sound settings and cannot figure it out for the life of me...is there a universal setting somewhere that I am missing? Thx
Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Phone not ringing on charger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Hoping one of the gurus on the forum can help me out with this? For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get my phone to ring when plugged into the charger on my desk at work...I checked sound settings and cannot figure it out for the life of me...is there a universal setting somewhere that I am missing? Thx
Do you have it hooked up to your PC or just a wall charger?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

make sure you have your phone set to something other than internet sharing when its plugged in, also if its plugged into a pc you need to open wmdc or active sync and make sure the option to let your phone function while connected is set properly. non standard chargers can sometimes register with the phone as a pc connection as well.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Where do I change the setting to something other than internet sharing when plugged in? I have it plugged into the USB hub on the keyboard on my work PC, where I let it charge during the day...I don't have activesync installed on this PC, just at home...given these additional details, could anyone offer pointed directions on how to get this thing to ring while charging on the USB cord? Thx
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Where do I change the setting to something other than internet sharing when plugged in? I have it plugged into the USB hub on the keyboard on my work PC, where I let it charge during the day...I don't have activesync installed on this PC, just at home...given these additional details, could anyone offer pointed directions on how to get this thing to ring while charging on the USB cord? Thx
To change the internet sharing, go to:

Start > Settings > Connections Tab > USB to PC

Make sure "Enable advance network functionality" is checked.

I think that may be causing the problem. Do you have your ringtones on your SD card? I believe it is still trying to connect via activesync even though you don't have it installed on your PC.

I would put your ringtones on your actual device in the \windows directory.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks, although I am already set to disk drive in that settings area, not activesync...so per suggestions, I tried switching the connection to activesync and the box was already checked...test call still no sound...I moved the mp3 ringer into the windows directory from the storage card...still no sound...I switched the connection from activesync back to disk drive, with the MP3 ringer still in the windows directory, and still no sound...

so basically, the current setup is the ringer now in the windows directory, and the usb-pc connection set as it was before, to disk drive (ie not activesync)...the phone is connected to the PC through the USB hub on the keyboard and is charging the phone on my desk...

for the life of me, I can not get this thing to ring while connected to the cord...

HELP!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Thanks, although I am already set to disk drive in that settings area, not activesync...so per suggestions, I tried switching the connection to activesync and the box was already checked...test call still no sound...I moved the mp3 ringer into the windows directory from the storage card...still no sound...I switched the connection from activesync back to disk drive, with the MP3 ringer still in the windows directory, and still no sound...

so basically, the current setup is the ringer now in the windows directory, and the usb-pc connection set as it was before, to disk drive (ie not activesync)...the phone is connected to the PC through the USB hub on the keyboard and is charging the phone on my desk...

for the life of me, I can not get this thing to ring while connected to the cord...

HELP!!!
From personal experience, I use to keep my ringtones/alerts on my SD card. Whenever I connected my phone to my PC under Disk mode and I received a call/text, it completely erased the ringtones/alerts I had set. It reverted back to default, but it did play something.

Try going into Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications Tab and see what is set for your incoming calls.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

Quote:

HELP!!!

Not to come in and be captain obvious...

But did you reset the ringer to make sure you were set to use the one in the /Windows/ folder?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes, but good question nonetheless...I copied it, went into the sounds folder, and the incoming ringtone is definitely set to the mp3 ringer in the windows directory...this is driving me nuts... on a lark, I just set the ringer to one of the stock internal tones, and the phone now rings on the charger...what could be causing it not to ring with the MP3 tone, which works perfectly fine when not plugged in? The tone is defintely in the windows folder, and I had it set properly for incoming calls... ???

Last edited by a_c_s; 01-07-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

Did you try placing it in /Device/My Documents/My Ringtones/ ? I feel like that's where I had the best results for ringers. I did notice the same thing the other day when I had my phone plugged into my PC, but then realized that was because the PC was leveraging the SD card, so the phone could not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro