PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00
Re: Replacement Sprint Touch Pro is a refurbished phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
not only would i demand a new phone and explain that i know how to check if it's a refurb, but if they didnt send me a new one i'd demand my money back.
I just got a refurb as well.
Screen sensitivity is messed up also... Phone looks brandnew... only has 4 hours worth of use on it...(Compared to my 60 hours). But the phone was built maybe 6 days after my own...
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdenial View Post
I asked to exchange my phone 8 days into my 30 day trial and I just got the replacement (25 days later). I was told I was being sent a new phone, but instead I got a refurb. This refurb has the raised home key and who knows what else.

I'm pretty pissed. It was ordered through an e-ticket... Not sure what that means.

I'm wondering if I can just take it to the store, or should I just send it back in the return package sprint sent me.

I hate this.

Strange, I haven't seen any refurbs produced yet for the TP. I order replacements everyday through E-Ticket and haven't seen any recon's available to order and new ones are what we replace people with in store (if there available). But either way, if you had a "defective" device and it was in fact within 30 days then they should replace it in store (if available) for another brand new one. Call *2 and complain or take it back to the store and ask for a manager and raise hell. Let me know how it turns out.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
if i were you,i'd call *2 and tell sprint what happened.they will send you another phone.
well, after giving everyone else advice on this, i received a frigging RECPPC6850. i just got off the phone with *2 and they said it's nothing they can do. after telling 4 different people that i either want what i paid for: a new phone or cancel me. the last person then starts telling me that canceling early, 200 for 2 lines yadda yadda and i said that doesn't scare me, the etf were illegal and i wasn't paying what i paid for a used phone. i told them that it should be noted that all the early builds of this phone were defective and they sent one with a build date 2 days later than the one i have 10-12-08. so unless they play ball(i'm expecting them to call back) looks like i'll be leaving sprint.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

well, my NEW touch pro replacement has arrived. now i have to mail back the refurb and my original even though i told the lady i needed 2 return kits and only got one.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

meanbastard is a n00b

I think its going to come down to who you deal with. I just recently cracked my screen on my TP, called Asurion, they sent a replacement out to me tuesday this week, which in-turn was a refurb and missing the stylus switch. Called them back tuesday night, told them the issue, asked if they had any new ones available. Sure enough today, a brand new TP in the retail Sprint box showed up at my job today. Everything was packed unopened with all the acc. as if you bought it new.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro