PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to zagguru Send a message via Yahoo to zagguru
Red X Error

I had bought a Touch Diamond then i upgraded to the Pro. I backed up everything using SPB backup and put it on the Pro. A few weeks later i try to sync and it gives me a Red X Error in Windows Mobile Device Center. So i install the driver and plug in the device so that it can reinstall it when i realize that it says HTC Touch Diamond Installed, therefore when i try and sync again it gives me the same Red X error. So i did a hard reset, put on Spb backup, try to sync and does the same exact thing. I think that backup has the identity of the Diamond and when i put it on my pro my computer thinks its a diamond therefore causing the error.
Is there anyway i can fix the issue without losing everything on my phone, because if i do a hard reset without restoring the backup, it will sync perfectly. But i really need the stuff on the backup.

Any help...thanx
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Red X Error

You should be able to do a selective restore, right? It's been a while since I've restored a backup, but if memory serves correct, can't you choose which info you wish to restore?

You should also be able to go to SPB's web site and get the software for your PC which should let you unpack the files on your PC. You could then use active sync and get them back to your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post

You should also be able to go to SPB's web site and get the software for your PC which should let you unpack the files on your PC. You could then use active sync and get them back to your phone.
Yes i can unpack on to my pc, but once i do that how do i get it on my phone? Even if i do wouldnt this cause the same problem?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

You should be able to delete the profile in AS & let it start over again.

I have restored full backups from SPB BU in exactly the same way you are & had the same problem but got it working again with some screwing around.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 01-02-2009 at 12:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I can't tell you the exact procedure for this as I have never synced my phone to the one PC on my LAN that is running Vista, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

When you run the backup did it ask if you wanted to run it in ROM upgrade mode? There should also be a device upgrade mode. I would choose that.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You should be able to delete the profile in AS & let it start over again.

~John
can you give me some more detail on how to delete the profile in AS? what is AS?

Quote:
When you run the backup did it ask if you wanted to run it in ROM upgrade mode? There should also be a device upgrade mode. I would choose that.

Ye i already did that, no luck
Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I think your best bet would be to dump the backup file on your PC and use the SPB unpack software for your PC. From there, you should be able to extract the necessary personal info and move it over. Have you tried that?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I think your best bet would be to dump the backup file on your PC and use the SPB unpack software for your PC. From there, you should be able to extract the necessary personal info and move it over. Have you tried that?

already tried that, it dosent give me an option of which files to send =, it just unpacks everything on to the phone
Old 01-02-2009, 02:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jmkendrick is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagguru View Post
can you give me some more detail on how to delete the profile in AS? what is AS?
I'm guessing your computer operating system is Vista? AS is Active Sync, which in Vista is replaced with the Windows Mobile Device Center and Sync Center.

You might be able to right-click on whatever shows up in Mobile Device Center and delete it, they try to recreate the sync partnership with the Pro. I know there's a delete option in there but I don't want to try it myself since I have my own syncing issues. I wouldn't think it would delete any data or create duplicates in Outlook, but I can't guarantee that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro