Thread: Red X Error
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
zagguru
Regular 'Geeker

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to zagguru Send a message via Yahoo to zagguru
Red X Error

I had bought a Touch Diamond then i upgraded to the Pro. I backed up everything using SPB backup and put it on the Pro. A few weeks later i try to sync and it gives me a Red X Error in Windows Mobile Device Center. So i install the driver and plug in the device so that it can reinstall it when i realize that it says HTC Touch Diamond Installed, therefore when i try and sync again it gives me the same Red X error. So i did a hard reset, put on Spb backup, try to sync and does the same exact thing. I think that backup has the identity of the Diamond and when i put it on my pro my computer thinks its a diamond therefore causing the error.
Is there anyway i can fix the issue without losing everything on my phone, because if i do a hard reset without restoring the backup, it will sync perfectly. But i really need the stuff on the backup.

Any help...thanx