PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sgtcody is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dropping roughly 60% of my SMS messages

Hi all,
I have been having a problem where I don't receive more than half of the SMS messages that are sent to me. The ones I send all go alright. I have all my other data services. I have called CS at Sprint a couple of times but the problem persists. I have never had this problem before I switched to Sprint/TP from Helio/Ocean but this is my first smart phone in many years so maybe it's something to do with WM (or me); I dunno. I seem to get them all from Sprint users but it's spotty from other networks.
I'm using the latest version of Juggalo TP ROM and the stock radio.

I guess what I'm asking is: What are the most common reasons for dropping texts altogether? I am used to delays but not to just never getting them.
Oh... and before the wisecracks start, yes I do have friends and I have been sitting next to them when the send texts and I don't get them..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: dropping roughly 60% of my SMS messages

My GF has been having text messages delayed for up to 8 hours. It's Sprint's services or it's your profile either on the phone or on your account. Have them reconfigure/remove/provision your phone again. This is NOT specific to the Touch Pro or the custom roms. My GF is using a Samsung Rant with these issues and I am on a Touch Pro NOT having these issues. I was using Juggalo's rom, was on Juicy's rom and now using Dreams rom and not had these issues yet.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I am having the same issues. Sometimes my texts will be delayed almost 4 hours. It happens from my sister who is on Sprint, my gf who is on Cingular and others who I have no idea what they are on. I will get some on time and some will be delayed mid conversation. This happened with my HTC Touch, Diamond, and now its going on with my TP!

Ace, you had it reconfigured and it worked fine after that?? If so that would be awesome!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen

I've experienced this a couple of times. Sucks.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Threadstarter

sgtcody is becoming a great contributor

I suppose that means I need to flash back to the stock ROM, call CS, have them reconfigure/remove/provision my phone, and then get my TP back to a decent ROM... There's three hours of my life I won't get back...
Thanks aceracer... I appreciate the advice
Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

BTW, I noticed if I have more than one conversation going the lag gets multiplied by about 5. Also I am on Sprint, and running Stock.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

This is totally a Sprint issue. Their sms service can be very flakey at times. I had an issue with them duplicating my outgoing text messages 3, 4, even 5 times. People were like, "why ya sending me the same message 4 times in a row." Between calling Sprint tech, emailing them, and just waiting out the issue it got resolved.

late,
Coz
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcody View Post
I suppose that means I need to flash back to the stock ROM, call CS, have them reconfigure/remove/provision my phone, and then get my TP back to a decent ROM... There's three hours of my life I won't get back...
Thanks aceracer... I appreciate the advice
I don't think you will have to flash back to a stock to call. That is just for taking it in as far as I know. You may want to check or someone please correct me if I'm wrong!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Ace, you had it reconfigured and it worked fine after that?? If so that would be awesome!!

I have not had this issue with my TP. My GF did on her Samsung rant. They first deleted the text profile then added it back on. Still gets delays but not near as bad as before...at least it's working for now. She has also had the problem where calls went straight to voice mail. Another rampid problem lately on Sprint. Again, my TP has NOT had these problems so it is NOT the TP or a custom rom but something to do with Sprint's service or the phones profile.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
This is totally a Sprint issue. Their sms service can be very flakey at times. I had an issue with them duplicating my outgoing text messages 3, 4, even 5 times. People were like, "why ya sending me the same message 4 times in a row." Between calling Sprint tech, emailing them, and just waiting out the issue it got resolved.

late,
Coz
Haha, my 700 never had the issue that I know of. Of course it may have been so long since I had it I forgot. Coz, you think that something they did fixed it or is this just something we have to live with?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro