PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   dropping roughly 60% of my SMS messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51273)

sgtcody 12-31-2008 02:28 PM

dropping roughly 60% of my SMS messages

Hi all,
I have been having a problem where I don't receive more than half of the SMS messages that are sent to me. The ones I send all go alright. I have all my other data services. I have called CS at Sprint a couple of times but the problem persists. I have never had this problem before I switched to Sprint/TP from Helio/Ocean but this is my first smart phone in many years so maybe it's something to do with WM (or me); I dunno. I seem to get them all from Sprint users but it's spotty from other networks.
I'm using the latest version of Juggalo TP ROM and the stock radio.

I guess what I'm asking is: What are the most common reasons for dropping texts altogether? I am used to delays but not to just never getting them.
Oh... and before the wisecracks start, yes I do have friends and I have been sitting next to them when the send texts and I don't get them.. ;-)

aceracer24 12-31-2008 02:32 PM

Re: dropping roughly 60% of my SMS messages

My GF has been having text messages delayed for up to 8 hours. It's Sprint's services or it's your profile either on the phone or on your account. Have them reconfigure/remove/provision your phone again. This is NOT specific to the Touch Pro or the custom roms. My GF is using a Samsung Rant with these issues and I am on a Touch Pro NOT having these issues. I was using Juggalo's rom, was on Juicy's rom and now using Dreams rom and not had these issues yet.

thacounty 12-31-2008 02:37 PM

I am having the same issues. Sometimes my texts will be delayed almost 4 hours. It happens from my sister who is on Sprint, my gf who is on Cingular and others who I have no idea what they are on. I will get some on time and some will be delayed mid conversation. This happened with my HTC Touch, Diamond, and now its going on with my TP!

Ace, you had it reconfigured and it worked fine after that?? If so that would be awesome!!

Twinsen 12-31-2008 02:38 PM

I've experienced this a couple of times. Sucks.

sgtcody 12-31-2008 02:39 PM

I suppose that means I need to flash back to the stock ROM, call CS, have them reconfigure/remove/provision my phone, and then get my TP back to a decent ROM... There's three hours of my life I won't get back...
Thanks aceracer... I appreciate the advice

thacounty 12-31-2008 02:40 PM

BTW, I noticed if I have more than one conversation going the lag gets multiplied by about 5. Also I am on Sprint, and running Stock.

CozBoogie 12-31-2008 02:41 PM

This is totally a Sprint issue. Their sms service can be very flakey at times. I had an issue with them duplicating my outgoing text messages 3, 4, even 5 times. People were like, "why ya sending me the same message 4 times in a row." Between calling Sprint tech, emailing them, and just waiting out the issue it got resolved.

late,
Coz

thacounty 12-31-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtcody (Post 610385)
I suppose that means I need to flash back to the stock ROM, call CS, have them reconfigure/remove/provision my phone, and then get my TP back to a decent ROM... There's three hours of my life I won't get back...
Thanks aceracer... I appreciate the advice

I don't think you will have to flash back to a stock to call. That is just for taking it in as far as I know. You may want to check or someone please correct me if I'm wrong!!

aceracer24 12-31-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 610381)
Ace, you had it reconfigured and it worked fine after that?? If so that would be awesome!!

I have not had this issue with my TP. My GF did on her Samsung rant. They first deleted the text profile then added it back on. Still gets delays but not near as bad as before...at least it's working for now. She has also had the problem where calls went straight to voice mail. Another rampid problem lately on Sprint. Again, my TP has NOT had these problems so it is NOT the TP or a custom rom but something to do with Sprint's service or the phones profile.

thacounty 12-31-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie (Post 610389)
This is totally a Sprint issue. Their sms service can be very flakey at times. I had an issue with them duplicating my outgoing text messages 3, 4, even 5 times. People were like, "why ya sending me the same message 4 times in a row." Between calling Sprint tech, emailing them, and just waiting out the issue it got resolved.

late,
Coz

Haha, my 700 never had the issue that I know of. Of course it may have been so long since I had it I forgot. Coz, you think that something they did fixed it or is this just something we have to live with?