PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stops charging,should i reisk return???

So I know theres a few threads about this, but not one that focuses on the exact results of the problem. my question is:

Who doesn't have problems with talking and charging at the same tyme, it stops once it get a lil too warm???

IF you don't have the problem, when did you get yours and wuts the date of manufacturing and stuff...

andmost importantly should I risk the chance of tryin get a replacement in hopes of it being fixed or does the majority have this problem and really no hope until a radio/romstock upgrade???

THANKS BOOS
Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Stops charging,should i reisk return???

i pull the battery cover off, no problems. get a second battery, very wise to do so.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
get a second battery, very wise to do so.
I agree (I have three extras & two charging cradles) These phones really should come with a 2nd batt, as crappy as the battery life is......

~John
Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i dont have a problem with mine getting warm at all not even when charging and tethering. my ROM date is 09/12/08

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero in the closet, EVO!

buck1623 is just getting started

i dont have an issue as well recharging and talking especially when its synced up... build is 10-12-08
Old 12-26-2008, 02:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

untouchablez is just getting started

I've been having the exact same problem since I got mine back in Oct. If I make a phone call that's more than 30 mins long while it's plugged into the wall it stops charging completely. I've tried taking the battery cover off & sliding the keyboard out and it helps a little but in the end it still ends up dying, it just takes a little longer.

There's really nothing we can do at this point but wait to see if HTC can hopefully fix this in a new radio/rom update. Just get another battery or two like everyone else as that's the only feasible solution for now.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I wouldn't risk it.

How much are you guys getting these batteries for?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

i wonder if I can go t sprint and have them test a replacement, u think they would really do it or would they jut claim that it works fine, I'm very envious of the people who don't have charging problems while talkin
Old 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I think most, if not all TPs have this issue. The people who claim they don't have it probably don't talk on the phone long enough to notice the issue....
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

LeoKnightas is becoming a great contributor

I agree, I too have this problem. My build date is 12/09/08.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro