PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Bluetooth Questions

Im not sure if bt file transfers between 2 phones always works like this or not since this is my first winmo phone..but i paired my touch pro wit a LG Dare...

usually if i select always connect with both of these phones i dont have to do anything else and when i want to randomly send a file to the phone that im connected to and always connected to i could do it out the blue. but im noticing the only way i can send files to the dare is if i set the dare to be visible for 3 mins and this is the only time i can send files to the dare. is this how it always works when using bluetooth with a smartphone? the other device has to be set to visible as if u were going to pair it?

also as i said earlier in my post this is my first winmo phone what exactly does the bluetooth explorer do and what are the features ?

lastly the dare can browse the files on another phone that its paired with and 'pull' those files from that phone to the dare. is this possible on the touch pro for it to browse the files thats on a device that its paired with and pull them to the touch pro? if so how do you do it?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: Bluetooth Questions

anybody?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I dare phuk with this lol yeah man in order that TP and Dare to be able to date each other, check each other, may be even touch each other they must be discoverable to each other. Now I do not know if or how TP can extract files straight from dare, lemme do some checking
Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Bluetooth explorer is an option on the bluetooth set up screen. I haven't tried it but it would seem that this would be the vehicle you're looking for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I wonder if you would be able to read the file system... I've had issues before when trying to explore a Java phone via BT.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Bluetooth explorer is an option on the bluetooth set up screen. I haven't tried it but it would seem that this would be the vehicle you're looking for.
i just gave it a try and it does let me browse files on the dare and the dares memory card but theres no option to beam those files to my pro, i cant view any of the files ot anything. Theres a option to copy but when i try to paste it it wont go thru

also in order to even view those files i had to place the dare in discoverable mode ...how do i beam these files to my pro?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

got BT on the dare? btooth it over by right clicking and send via BT.

Fyi: TP doesnt have IR
Old 12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

rying to browse the files on the dare and take the files i wanted without the dare sending them to me.

under bluetooth on the dare it can browse and get files. it can see all the files i have in the bluetooth shared folder and take the files and put them on the dare without the pro sending it to the dare thats what im trying to replicate with the touch pro
Old 12-24-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

You can do the same thing with the TP that you do with the Dare using bluetooth explorer. Anything I put in my bluetooth share folder shows up to the phones I have an accepted connection with and they can pull those file without me having to bluetooth them over. The trick is as you have found out that the phones have to be discoverable and I know you set your bluetooth to be discoverable for only 3 minutes to save battery life but the bluetooth will not work without being discoverable.

Ice
Old 12-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Im not sure if bt file transfers between 2 phones always works like this or not since this is my first winmo phone..but i paired my touch pro wit a LG Dare...

usually if i select always connect with both of these phones i dont have to do anything else and when i want to randomly send a file to the phone that im connected to and always connected to i could do it out the blue. but im noticing the only way i can send files to the dare is if i set the dare to be visible for 3 mins and this is the only time i can send files to the dare. is this how it always works when using bluetooth with a smartphone? the other device has to be set to visible as if u were going to pair it?

also as i said earlier in my post this is my first winmo phone what exactly does the bluetooth explorer do and what are the features ?

lastly the dare can browse the files on another phone that its paired with and 'pull' those files from that phone to the dare. is this possible on the touch pro for it to browse the files thats on a device that its paired with and pull them to the touch pro? if so how do you do it?
I think you have to turn on blue tooth explorer in the blooth options, when you go to bluetooth options, click ftp on the bottom, then enable bluetooth file sharing and bluetooth explorer then it will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro