PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
HTC Volume Font - Not a size issue

Anyone know how to change the font on the HTC volume control? Stock on my TP, the font was a nice, modern, smooth font, similar to Tahoma. Now, with the kitchen, it looks like a typerwriter font.

I took the htcvolumecontrol.dll file for the font size fix and replaced it in the kitchen to no avail.

I just can't figure out from where it's getting it's font info.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HTC Volume Font - Not a size issue

i have links to change the color and dots instead of lines. will that help. theres 10 skins that work well. tp owners, try them. burnt orange looks good. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437541

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-18-2008 at 03:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:55 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Anyone know how to change the font on the HTC volume control? Stock on my TP, the font was a nice, modern, smooth font, similar to Tahoma. Now, with the kitchen, it looks like a typerwriter font.

I took the htcvolumecontrol.dll file for the font size fix and replaced it in the kitchen to no avail.

I just can't figure out from where it's getting it's font info.
Did you change any of the TF3D or WinMo System fonts?

TF3D Fonts
HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin
HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman

The first is for the fonts when you drag your slider accross icons and it show the icon and name of the app or like when you drag it to text messaging, the font on the top of the page that says "Messages".
The second is for like when you are in Messages in TF3D, the actual message on the screen. I beleive the second one is also for volume pop up, pop up when choosing sip, etc.

If you have not changed your WinMo font which is Tahoma, try this:

Go to your Registry Editor and add a new key in HKLM/System/GDI titled FontAlias .

Add a String Value for that key, name of string value is HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman and value of that would be Tahoma. Soft reset of course after. Let me know if that helps.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-18-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:11 PM

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

If you did change your Tahoma Font and TF3D fonts, I beleive the font has to fit if not it reverts to that typewriter style font. What you can try to is download a new font that is like Tahoma, like Arial or something. Save it to Your Device/Windows/Fonts folder. Do the registry edit like above but instead of Tahoma, put the name of the font you downloaded.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 PM

I am using Illegal Edding Font for TF3D fonts and MarcosHand font for WinMo. I edited the MarcosHand font to fit in WinMo. Try them out if you like them.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 01-07-2009 at 06:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I managed to figure it out. I went into the Kitchen archives and deleted "cour.ttf". This got rid of the Courier font. And it worked. The system defaulted back to Tahoma. So I renamed the HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin font to Cour.ttf and it worked beautifully.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
I edited the MarcosHand font to fit in WinMo.

I asked you this in the taskbar thread but quickly got told it's off topic so since we're on the subject of fonts, how have you managed to mod the font to fit? I use Star Wars fonts which are naturally large. This causes some text to run off or I will just see ... and a partial text. I have yet to find a way to slim down the fonts. Also, how do you do your clock numbers?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I managed to figure it out. I went into the Kitchen archives and deleted "cour.ttf". This got rid of the Courier font. And it worked. The system defaulted back to Tahoma. So I renamed the HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin font to Cour.ttf and it worked beautifully.
Good job! =D>
Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im a noob on this one, what chsnges if i use the files in the link by mr hawii? is this for the words like weather ect. i like my clock and tabs. sorry guys.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
I asked you this in the taskbar thread but quickly got told it's off topic so since we're on the subject of fonts, how have you managed to mod the font to fit? I use Star Wars fonts which are naturally large. This causes some text to run off or I will just see ... and a partial text. I have yet to find a way to slim down the fonts. Also, how do you do your clock numbers?
This was a very long process for me, I had to edit the font install on phone, delete from phone, re-edit and reinstall. I think I did that about 20 times to get the font I wanted the right size. So if you have enough time on your hand, here is what you will need to get started.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450335

Use the font editor from this post. Open the font you are trying to use in your case the Star Wars font. Do the autonaming thing like the post suggested.

Now here is how you edit the size of the font (letters/numbers/characters).
Select all Glyphs, then go to Tools/Glyph Transformer. Double Click on Outlines to open up the full menu, and then click on "Scale". Press the right arrow next to it to bring it to the "Script". Then below you can choose what percentage Vertical and Horizontal you want to edit the fonts.

Now you can decrease/increase the white space above and below the font. Just remember it has to be higher than the tallest point of the tallest character in your font and lower than the lowest point of the lowest character in your font. Go to Format/Settings, then metrics tab on top. Win Ascent is the top of your white space and Win Descent is the bottom of the white space.

What I did was opened the Tahoma font from my computer and tried to get the dimensions of the font I wanted the same as Tahoma. Good luck and let me know how it went!

Sorry forgot about the second part of your question. I made the clock using a Manila editor program. That was pretty hard too. There was 4 manila files for different set of numbers, I think they were 012, 345, 678, and 9. When opening each file with the Manila Editor, there was an image file for each set. I had to make and image file for each set with the font and color and save them to that manila file replacing to old images. You also have to get the spacing right or else it would cut off some of the numbers. I will post a cab for that clock if it is wanted.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-18-2008 at 06:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro