PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

discipler is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trouble Changing TF3D Home Background

OK, here is the problem. I have already personalized the home page background image. But now I 'm wanting to change it to a darker image because the text on the homepage is white and difficult to read. So how do I change it again? No matter what I do, my personalized image won't go away. I even moved images out of the Documents>Pictures folder and the image remains! I went into Settings>Today> and unchecked the "use this picture as the background" option. I even browsed and selected a different photo. The name of the new image is recognized and appears under the check box. But when I close, the old image remains. I went back into the Today settings and selected the items tab. I deselected the TF3D item and closed out of Today. The original windows screen pops up with with the background being my new image, 50% transparent. When I go back in and reselect the TF3D, the old image is still present. Can any of you smart dudes or dudettes please help?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Trouble Changing TF3D Home Background

By the way, I have done many searches. And I couldn't find where anyone specifically addressed this.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

on homepage, slide over to the settings tab and hit wallpaper. i think thats your answer.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
OK, here is the problem. I have already personalized the home page background image. But now I 'm wanting to change it to a darker image because the text on the homepage is white and difficult to read. So how do I change it again? No matter what I do, my personalized image won't go away. I even moved images out of the Documents>Pictures folder and the image remains! I went into Settings>Today> and unchecked the "use this picture as the background" option. I even browsed and selected a different photo. The name of the new image is recognized and appears under the check box. But when I close, the old image remains. I went back into the Today settings and selected the items tab. I deselected the TF3D item and closed out of Today. The original windows screen pops up with with the background being my new image, 50% transparent. When I go back in and reselect the TF3D, the old image is still present. Can any of you smart dudes or dudettes please help?
In TF3D, go to the settings Tab > Wallpaper

Change it there.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Another thing I learned:

If you want to change the background image of your Start Menu do the following:

1) In File Explorer, navigate to the picture you want as the background
2) Double click to open
3) Menu Softkey (lower right)
4) Set as Today Background (you can crop the picture here as well)
5) You can then set the transparency of the image
6) Hit OK and you are set

Example:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (17.7 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by blazinazn; 12-17-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
In TF3D, go to the settings Tab > Wallpaper

Change it there.
ha, ha, beat ya.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ha, ha, beat ya.
I know! To fast for me
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So simple! I have spent an hour on this stupid thing. Misplaced priorities for sure.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Your instructions for selecting the image to my Today screen only works for Today screen when TF3D is turned off - but I want the image on my TF3D homepage. Darren_wsln1 had what I was looking for. But thanks for the help.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
Your instructions for selecting the image to my Today screen only works for Today screen when TF3D is turned off - but I want the image on my TF3D homepage. Darren_wsln1 had what I was looking for. But thanks for the help.
I realize that. But if you have TF3D enabled, it will use that image in the start menu instead. I was just tellin ya in case you wanted to add another image in the start menu

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro