PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Jspecrx7 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two Hotmail accounts on TP?

Ok guys I've searched and came up empty. Is there anyway to setup two Hotmail accounts with working pushmail at the same time on my TP? I've tried but only came up with switching IDs but when I do that I have to set up the email account each time I switch. Thanks...!!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Two Hotmail accounts on TP?

That is an interesting situation, whay aren't you able to set up two accounts? I only have one but would like to know. Do you get an error or what is the prob?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
That is an interesting situation, whay aren't you able to set up two accounts? I only have one but would like to know. Do you get an error or what is the prob?
I tried it with yahoo and it gave me problems, so I got rid of one account.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild

i just forwarded my mail form one hotmail account to the other so i got mail from both accounts but unfortunatly you can only send from one
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Hind1 is keeping up the good workHind1 is keeping up the good work

I have the same problem... its quite annoying. If you try and set up two hotmail accounts, it opens up opera and goes to the "Windows Live" home page thing. How exactly do you forward email from one hotmail account to the other?

Please don't forget to press in the rare occurrence that I have helped you!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thats exactly what happens to me. I wouldn't mind the forwarding idea I suppose, if I'm unable to setup two seperate Hotmail accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hind1 View Post
I have the same problem... its quite annoying. If you try and set up two hotmail accounts, it opens up opera and goes to the "Windows Live" home page thing. How exactly do you forward email from one hotmail account to the other?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hind1 View Post
Found it:
1. Go to hotmail.com
2. Sign in
3. Click "Options" in top right corner of screen
4. Click "More Options"
5. Under "Manage Your Account", click "Forward mail to another e-mail account".
6. Jump for Joy!
EDIT: 7. Press thanks just for fun

Last edited by Hind1; 12-16-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Did you guys try to enter your settings manually by first of all entering a bad address like username@hh.com.....or something like that then you get prompted to enter additional info...I will try in a bit. I am just trying to understand if it s Tp limitation or what? then I am not sure I dont see why wouldnt we be able to have to two push mails accounts
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Did you guys try to enter your settings manually by first of all entering a bad address like username@hh.com.....or something like that then you get prompted to enter additional info...I will try in a bit. I am just trying to understand if it s Tp limitation or what? then I am not sure I dont see why wouldnt we be able to have to two push mails accounts
The problem is I don't know all the additional settings for a hotmail account, they're probably somewhere but I will play around with them for a bit.

EDIT: I found these, but they don't seem to work. "In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server box, type pop3.live.com.
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type smtp.live.com"

Last edited by Hind1; 12-16-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for help and find Hind1. I appreciate the help guys. I guess I'll just forward one to the other for now. I hope someone finds a fix. Thanks...!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro