PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Two Hotmail accounts on TP? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49355)

Jspecrx7 12-16-2008 05:16 PM

Two Hotmail accounts on TP?

Ok guys I've searched and came up empty. Is there anyway to setup two Hotmail accounts with working pushmail at the same time on my TP? I've tried but only came up with switching IDs but when I do that I have to set up the email account each time I switch. Thanks...!!

HBOOT 12-16-2008 06:50 PM

Re: Two Hotmail accounts on TP?

That is an interesting situation, whay aren't you able to set up two accounts? I only have one but would like to know. Do you get an error or what is the prob?

shaun0207 12-16-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 582369)
That is an interesting situation, whay aren't you able to set up two accounts? I only have one but would like to know. Do you get an error or what is the prob?

I tried it with yahoo and it gave me problems, so I got rid of one account.

ryallchild 12-16-2008 07:31 PM

i just forwarded my mail form one hotmail account to the other so i got mail from both accounts but unfortunatly you can only send from one

Hind1 12-16-2008 08:04 PM

I have the same problem... its quite annoying. If you try and set up two hotmail accounts, it opens up opera and goes to the "Windows Live" home page thing. How exactly do you forward email from one hotmail account to the other?

Jspecrx7 12-16-2008 08:15 PM

Thats exactly what happens to me. I wouldn't mind the forwarding idea I suppose, if I'm unable to setup two seperate Hotmail accounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hind1 (Post 582492)
I have the same problem... its quite annoying. If you try and set up two hotmail accounts, it opens up opera and goes to the "Windows Live" home page thing. How exactly do you forward email from one hotmail account to the other?

Hind1 12-16-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hind1 (Post 582492)

Found it:
1. Go to hotmail.com
2. Sign in
3. Click "Options" in top right corner of screen
4. Click "More Options"
5. Under "Manage Your Account", click "Forward mail to another e-mail account".
6. Jump for Joy!
EDIT: 7. Press thanks just for fun :)

HBOOT 12-16-2008 08:21 PM

Did you guys try to enter your settings manually by first of all entering a bad address like username@hh.com.....or something like that then you get prompted to enter additional info...I will try in a bit. I am just trying to understand if it s Tp limitation or what? then I am not sure I dont see why wouldnt we be able to have to two push mails accounts

Hind1 12-16-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 582527)
Did you guys try to enter your settings manually by first of all entering a bad address like username@hh.com.....or something like that then you get prompted to enter additional info...I will try in a bit. I am just trying to understand if it s Tp limitation or what? then I am not sure I dont see why wouldnt we be able to have to two push mails accounts

The problem is I don't know all the additional settings for a hotmail account, they're probably somewhere but I will play around with them for a bit.

EDIT: I found these, but they don't seem to work. "In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server box, type pop3.live.com.
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type smtp.live.com"

Jspecrx7 12-19-2008 10:40 AM

Thanks for help and find Hind1. I appreciate the help guys. I guess I'll just forward one to the other for now. I hope someone finds a fix. Thanks...!!!