PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

JasonOT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to change the display resolution of the TP?

Preferably just for specific programs?

I just downloaded the Pandora WM app and it works great, though there are some graphical issues, I assume due to the Pandora people coding it for a 320x240 or 240x240 display. If the resolution could be change temporarily, it seems like Pandora would look just fine, just as it's supposed to look.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nausds is a n00b
Re: Is it possible to change the display resolution of the TP?

I am not sure what you mean by "works great". When I used Pandora WM the songs played about halfway through and sometimes went onto the next song or froze. I would have to relaunch the station to get it to start playing again but the song would still stop halfway or froze again.

And to answer your original question, I have not seen any place nor have I heard of any place to change the resolution.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Google "Nyditot" resolution emulator. That is one of two possible ways to do it that I know of.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JasonOT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausds View Post
I am not sure what you mean by "works great". When I used Pandora WM the songs played about halfway through and sometimes went onto the next song or froze. I would have to relaunch the station to get it to start playing again but the song would still stop halfway or froze again.

And to answer your original question, I have not seen any place nor have I heard of any place to change the resolution.
By "works great" I mean songs are playing straight through without a problem, no freezing, no nothing. The only minor issues are the display not being what it should be, but I'd say those are very minor.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JasonOT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Google "Nyditot" resolution emulator. That is one of two possible ways to do it that I know of.
I just tried it. It'll let you run higher resolutions, but now lower, so it wasn't really any help.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Check this thread out... It has the download you want to change your screen resolution...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Lurker

nausds is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonOT View Post
By "works great" I mean songs are playing straight through without a problem, no freezing, no nothing. The only minor issues are the display not being what it should be, but I'd say those are very minor.
Obviously no one else is having this issue so can I ask you to provide the link you used to download Pandora for WM?

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Pandora is only available for certain phone right now... It hasnt been released for all phones yet.. Hopefully should be updated soon to include all WM devices...
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 AM
N00b

starcastic is a n00b

its been "released" for certain phones but it runs on most all WM phones, 6700, Moguls, Touch Pro etc. The cab is available in a lot of places, and you cen defintiely find it at lifehacker.

The supertinydisplay problem is sort of a pain but its nto the end of the world. I did have some luck using the scroll wheel to increase the size of the text some, however it only does it to a certain point.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcastic View Post
its been "released" for certain phones but it runs on most all WM phones, 6700, Moguls, Touch Pro etc. The cab is available in a lot of places, and you cen defintiely find it at lifehacker.

The supertinydisplay problem is sort of a pain but its nto the end of the world. I did have some luck using the scroll wheel to increase the size of the text some, however it only does it to a certain point.
Kinda like the zoom function in Opera?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro