PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Is it possible to change the display resolution of the TP? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49227)

JasonOT 12-15-2008 09:40 PM

Is it possible to change the display resolution of the TP?

Preferably just for specific programs?

I just downloaded the Pandora WM app and it works great, though there are some graphical issues, I assume due to the Pandora people coding it for a 320x240 or 240x240 display. If the resolution could be change temporarily, it seems like Pandora would look just fine, just as it's supposed to look.

nausds 12-15-2008 09:49 PM

Re: Is it possible to change the display resolution of the TP?

I am not sure what you mean by "works great". When I used Pandora WM the songs played about halfway through and sometimes went onto the next song or froze. I would have to relaunch the station to get it to start playing again but the song would still stop halfway or froze again.

And to answer your original question, I have not seen any place nor have I heard of any place to change the resolution.

santod 12-15-2008 09:59 PM

Google "Nyditot" resolution emulator. That is one of two possible ways to do it that I know of.

JasonOT 12-15-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nausds (Post 580607)
I am not sure what you mean by "works great". When I used Pandora WM the songs played about halfway through and sometimes went onto the next song or froze. I would have to relaunch the station to get it to start playing again but the song would still stop halfway or froze again.

And to answer your original question, I have not seen any place nor have I heard of any place to change the resolution.

By "works great" I mean songs are playing straight through without a problem, no freezing, no nothing. The only minor issues are the display not being what it should be, but I'd say those are very minor.

JasonOT 12-15-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 580623)
Google "Nyditot" resolution emulator. That is one of two possible ways to do it that I know of.

I just tried it. It'll let you run higher resolutions, but now lower, so it wasn't really any help.

BigDiesel07 12-15-2008 10:58 PM

Check this thread out... It has the download you want to change your screen resolution...

nausds 12-16-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonOT (Post 580691)
By "works great" I mean songs are playing straight through without a problem, no freezing, no nothing. The only minor issues are the display not being what it should be, but I'd say those are very minor.

Obviously no one else is having this issue so can I ask you to provide the link you used to download Pandora for WM?

Thanks.

BigDiesel07 12-16-2008 03:24 PM

Pandora is only available for certain phone right now... It hasnt been released for all phones yet.. Hopefully should be updated soon to include all WM devices...

starcastic 12-18-2008 03:35 AM

its been "released" for certain phones but it runs on most all WM phones, 6700, Moguls, Touch Pro etc. The cab is available in a lot of places, and you cen defintiely find it at lifehacker.

The supertinydisplay problem is sort of a pain but its nto the end of the world. I did have some luck using the scroll wheel to increase the size of the text some, however it only does it to a certain point.

BigDiesel07 12-18-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starcastic (Post 585753)
its been "released" for certain phones but it runs on most all WM phones, 6700, Moguls, Touch Pro etc. The cab is available in a lot of places, and you cen defintiely find it at lifehacker.

The supertinydisplay problem is sort of a pain but its nto the end of the world. I did have some luck using the scroll wheel to increase the size of the text some, however it only does it to a certain point.

Kinda like the zoom function in Opera?