PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Lurker

shadeone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
going back to opera 8.65?

ok opera 9.5 is really pissing me off and i absolutely hate the fact that every time i load a new link i have to double click to zoom back in and see waht im looking for. I also hate the fact that in order to view what tabs i have open i have to click on that little box at the bottm and play a gusesing game as to what the tabs opened are.

opera 8.65 also had an option to click in the settings to recognize your device as a handheld or as a desktop computer which solved the ever so rampant problem people are complaining about with 9.5 of the browser not recognizing full html sites and defaulting to mobile versions. you shouldnt have to edit the god damn registry and screw with at many settings JUST in order to visit the full version of a webpage! opera prides themselves at giving you the true full internet experience but little do they tell you that its up to you to screw with your phone and figure out how!

anyways, i was just wondering if anyone like me had gotten fed up with this latest installment of opera and reverted back to the previous version that ACTUALLY had all the good bells and whistles that worked properly?

shade
Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: going back to opera 8.65?

more than likely there are few users that have come back. me personally because 8.65 didn't have a good working finger scrolling system. if you liked opera 8.65 so much why dont you try using skyfire. it might be easier for you to use.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

You can go here for more info on Skyfire... I myself like Opera 9.5...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shadeone is a n00b

skyfire is BS until they can make the resolution better... it works but i cant even get pandora to work because once i "zoom in" to a level where the "sign in" icon should be clickable, all i see is a garbled mess of pixels and it wont let me click on it!

it works good in theory though! fast as heck!

shade
Old 12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I know you hate the idea of having to do a registry edit to enable Desktop viewing.. Have you tried changing the Display setting? Of where you can switch to Mobile View?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro