PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
I will give this a try... Is it okay to dye over something like black for blue?
U cant dye a light color over a dark color so no black to blue. u need to start from a plain regular cover.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:18 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
U cant dye a light color over a dark color so no black to blue. u need to start from a plain regular cover.
Ah crap.... Well that sucks... Has anyone tried the Rye color remover? I wonder if it would work... If anyone has a perfect blue cover they dont mind giving up PM me. It has to be in perfect condition in the lense area and no scratches
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good workTProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good work

I've notices after a couple weeks that my dye color has rubbed onto the invisible shield portions on the side. It actually kind of makes it look better because it blends the chrome into the black. Wierd. I'm going to spend another 15 minutes buffing to see if I can get any dye off that may have come to the surface.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
What color did you use on that phone please?
royal blue... the whole packet in a cup the size of a solo but stirofoam.... let it sit and stir for 5 minutes and than take it out and your down... i dipped for about 30 seconds to ghost the letters which were the stock silver.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff

I can confirm that this method works however I used the liquid version of the RIT dye. I also did not have to do any buffing and i think it is because of the liquid versus the powder. I did dye the inside but who cares. Im loving it. I was not very happy when i got mine cause i thought it would be comletely black. The Sprint version has chrome on it and a silver back. Looks a lot better now. I also did not cover the lense for the camera and there is no difference from before I dyed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0005.jpg (244.0 KB, 447 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0002.jpg (193.3 KB, 403 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2007 View Post
I can confirm that this method works however I used the liquid version of the RIT dye. I also did not have to do any buffing and i think it is because of the liquid versus the powder. I did dye the inside but who cares. Im loving it. I was not very happy when i got mine cause i thought it would be comletely black. The Sprint version has chrome on it and a silver back. Looks a lot better now. I also did not cover the lense for the camera and there is no difference from before I dyed it.
with the liquid dye do you still dillute it into a pot and 'cook' it under heat, or did you do anything differently?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-18-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
with the liquid dye do you still dillute it into a pot and 'cook' it under heat, or did you do anything differently?
Did exactly the same as the powder. Heat the water. Pour in the dye. Dye your back cover. Done
Old 12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2007 View Post
Did exactly the same as the powder. Heat the water. Pour in the dye. Dye your back cover. Done
good to know, thanks... i like the sound of not needing to buff!!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

Has any one tried other colors other than black on there diamonds because when i tried to dye my diamond purple it came out black and i seen a pro with a purple cover and it looked much better then my diamond and is this because the diamonds back is that dark red?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
1. First off I use the lighter version of all colors. For example I use sunshine orange instead of tangerine orange. The reason being is that u can start with a lighter color and gradually deepen it depending on how long it stays in the pot. If u start with a dark color u run the risk of making it too dark and way off color and risk it turning out an almost black color. Same thing goes for the other colors. If u want royal blue then use the lighter evening blue and so on.

2. Next I only use half of the packet of dye bcuz this was made for much larger amounts of water and we want to keep the ratio of dye to fluids about the same. Less water= less dye.

3. I run scalding hot water from the tap into the pot and then place it on LOW heat on the stove. At this point I add the dye and stir it in and let it sit for 5 minutes. I use the powdered version. Its just like dissolving sugar in water. PLEASE LET ALL THE DYE DISSOLVE FIRST OR IT MIGHT MAKES SPECKLES OF DARKER COLOR WHERE THE GRAINS OF DYE SETTLE ON THE COVER WHEN ITS IN THE WATER!

4. i wash the cover with dish washing soap and get all the dirt, oil, and residue off the cover. iF IT DOESNT SQUEAK WHEN U RUN UR FINGERS ACROSS IT THEN ITS NOT ALL THE WAY CLEAN. Drying is optional unless u know u have really hard water and it might leave drying spots.

5. At this point I stir the pot again and slide the cover in texture side up. PLEASE USE A SOFT OBJECT LIKE A RUBBER SPATULA SO U DONT SCRATCH THE WARM PLASTIC. Hell I used a straw from a fast food spot actually myself.

6. At this point its all about the clock now. Bcuz u use a lighter color and low heat it gives u more time to work with. U need to stir it every minute or so. Nothing vigorous but enough to make sure any undissolved dye doesnt have a chance to settle on the cover. Every minute or so. Every few minutes bring the cover to the surface and check the color. THIS IS KEY. Take it out when u hit the color u want.

7. After u get to the color u think u want then immediately rinse it in cold water. Most of the extra will run immediately. Rub it with ur fingers until it squeaks again or about a minute or so. Then dry it with a paper towel but dont buff yet.

8. At this point hold it under some light inside and out if u can and see if its really the color u want. If its not then put it back in for only 1 minute at a time, then repeat from step 6.

9. If ur really satisfied with the color and have completely dried it let it sit for a minute before buffing. When u do buff it, use something that has a fine texture as well like paper towels or denim. Buff it for a good minute and ur done with the cover.

10. Now u have to take pictures and post ur results. Please mix it up and try some different shades. Its worth it. Good luck and please NO BOILING WATER
This should help explain why ur purple came out almost black.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro