PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted
Re: A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover!

mann mine got reaaallllyyyy warped. stacked all school books on it plus some cooking books. flattening now haha
Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

anyone need a cover done?

I <3 Android
Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Almost a VIP

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I made these one for a member on here. He will be buying them soon

Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PrO 2

geomatiq310 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to geomatiq310 Send a message via Yahoo to geomatiq310

has anyone tried changing the color from black to red???
Old 10-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomatiq310 View Post
has anyone tried changing the color from black to red???
Its impossible.

I tried to change it from black to red, black to blue and tried color brightener and it does not do any effect to the black.

I am assuming that you are talking about a black altel cover right?

If you have a touch pro cover and it went from silver to black then you can take off the color with color remover from RIT Dye.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mark Larson is a n00b

This entire thread is awesome! My TP's back is looking a little tired and I'd like to freshen it up with some dye. Does this stain your pot? I saw somebody's post about using a ziploc baggie, do you have to use a special one or will any old baggie do? I'm afraid of the baggie melting in the pot or sticking to the cover.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Larson View Post
This entire thread is awesome! My TP's back is looking a little tired and I'd like to freshen it up with some dye. Does this stain your pot? I saw somebody's post about using a ziploc baggie, do you have to use a special one or will any old baggie do? I'm afraid of the baggie melting in the pot or sticking to the cover.
Any regular old ziplock baggie will work... Obviously better quality bags are better but even the cheep ones will work... Your using low heat so it's not really enough to melt the bag... Just make sure you continue to stir the pot... Don't let the baggie sit in one place too long or it may melt a bit and start to leak in the pot...

Just an FYI... The dye will not stain your pot but the baggie method definitely make clean-up easier and less dye is needed...

I used the regular pot method at first and then thought of the baggie idea and tried it... Both work the same but again clean-up is a sinch with the baggie method...

Best of luck...
Old 10-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Whoever thought of the baggie method, you're a genius. Now I can do this on my TP2 battery cover without having my mother yell at me again for ruining her pots!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Whoever thought of the baggie method, you're a genius. Now I can do this on my TP2 battery cover without having my mother yell at me again for ruining her pots!
I take credit for the baggie method... Not a genius but thanks...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
Thought I'd share my "No Clean Up" method. This method conserves on dye, save pots from damage and requires very little clean up.

snipped for brevity...

Now I'm off to sprint to pick-up another cover. This was too easy not to have some variety... ;O)

Enjoy!!!
Well because my cover got some marks on it from my leather case that I could not remove no matter how hard I tried...

Decided to give this a shot, followed DV8Ways directions and let me tell ya!! It's amazing how much like oem it looks! Perfect really!! and in my case, can't see those marks!! oh yeah happy now heheh

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro