PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LCD issue..

Have you had any really....and I do mean really high heat issues... like fry and egg kind of heat?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

xenokira is becoming a great contributor

It was a bit warm when I was using it earlier, but it was surprisingly hot while I had it on the charger. I had read of others having heat issues, specifically when charging, so I didn't think too much of it. The possibility of the heat and the discolored part of the LCD being related has crossed my mind though.

Last edited by xenokira; 11-18-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Does the color disapate after the phone cools down... if so, there may not be preminate damage to the screen... brown discoloring, rainbowing.... this is normal when a LCD screen gets too hot. But if it had not been exposed for a long perioid of time to heat, usually goes away after a period of time.

If it does not go away, then there is probably perminate damage. one way is to put to the phone in the fridge or freezer for about 15 mins or so... not long enough to cause any condensation from the cold and see if it goes away. if so you should be good. Until the heat rises again to a high degree. if that happens, then i would say return if for an exchange.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

update...

ugh, SO...Apparently because I'm on a SERO plan, they can't do a advanced exchange, cross exchange or anything...the only thing I can do is actually return the phone, cancel the line and then start over--having to go through the hassle of trying to open a second SERO line on my account. Pardon my language, but that's really ****ing stupid. I don't see what difference that makes when trying to just exchange the damn thing. I had them send the return kit anyway just in case I decide to follow through with that...

Any recommendations on how I could setup a normal exchange?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
I am in the middle of a 30 day exchange and I originally ordered the phone through telesales, they told me that I can only process the 30 day exchange through telesales.
Aslo, they are out of stock and you will have to wait 5 to 8 days before the replacement ships. Make sure they give you a $50 invoice credit for the inconvenience.
How do you go about asking for that? Just say "By the way, gimme the 50 dalls for inconvenience". ????
Old 11-18-2008, 04:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Since you are aware of the discount, ask if you are eligible for it . You got to work it and use some communication skills my man.....
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update 2

Being frustrated as I was, I decided to call back. I got Dwight who explained that the other rep must have been mistaken because exchanges only involve them sending a new phone and me sending the old one in the return kit they send with the new phone. That makes sense. So he transferred me to Account Services who said the phone was out of stock and to try back next week.

/sigh

According to Sprint's website, they're still in stock, so unless their site is slow to update or isn't automated, something fishy is going on. I guess I'll just have to try back next week then. I'm hoping I can get a decent credit or something with all this hassle.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just thought of something and I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figure I'd ask in case someone knows for sure.

Provided they're in stock, will Best Buy exchange a Sprint phone if it wasn't originally purchase it there?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro