PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

vMAC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transfer mobile favorites to Opera?

Can anyone help me with this?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Transfer mobile favorites to Opera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
Can anyone help me with this?
Do you mean transfer your IE favorites on your phone to your Opera favorites?
I don't know of a quick way, but maybe you could open both IE and Opera, then open each favorite individually, copy the link, and add it to Opera.

If you mean your desktop IE favorites to your PPC Opera, back up your IE favorites and then open the HTML file in Opera. Click each link and add it to your favorites.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

There is no quick easy way to doing this; I ended up having to import my IE mobile favorites in the full Opera program on my PC, then export them out into a opera6.adr file and then copy that file over to the Application Data->Opera9 directory on my TP.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vMAC is a n00b

That's what i was afraid of. If anyone else knows an easier way i would appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Unfortunately I think this is the only was as of now. It probably wouldn't take much for an amateur programmer to build a small utility to do this for us.

Now time to get some of my firefox desktop favorites to my phone...
Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
There is no quick easy way to doing this; I ended up having to import my IE mobile favorites in the full Opera program on my PC, then export them out into a opera6.adr file and then copy that file over to the Application Data->Opera9 directory on my TP.
This isn't even that bad really. I have that file saved so every time I flash I dont have to enter everything again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vMAC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
This isn't even that bad really. I have that file saved so every time I flash I dont have to enter everything again.
That is unless you don't use Opera on your desktop at all, and don't want too . I will just have to do it by hand, glad to know that before I moved from my Mogul to my 800w I pared my favorites down to about 25 from 40.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b

Quote:
I have done this, but my favorites arent showing up in Opera on the PPC or on the TF3D interweb tab...lil help??
Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Here's the exact process I followed to import my favorites:

Step by step instructions to transfer bookmarks from PIE All following steps use Desktop Windows, with access to the mobile device in Windows Explorer with Active Sync:

1. Windows Explorer: copy the folder with the Favorites from PIE [mobile device]\Windows\Favorites to any place on your Desktop PC (you have to remember it, for example you can copy it to the Desktop)

2. Desktop Opera: File - Import and Export - Import Internet Explorer Favorites - (select the folder with the PIE favorites from step 1) - OK Info: The bookmarks are imported into a new folder with the name Internet Explorer Favorites (the new folder is most probable a subfolder of the folder you have been before, e.g. in bookmark panel) and the number given is number of bookmarks + number of folders including the generated one, so if there is only one bookmark the number is 2 (one bookmark and one generated folder Internet Explorer Favorites.

3. Desktop Opera: Open Bookmarks Panel (e.g. Strg+2) OR Manage Bookmarks View (Menu Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks) select the files in the imported folder Internet Explorer Favorite (or select all the bookmarks and folders you like to have for your Opera Mobile). Right click - file - save selected as ... (choose a place to save, keep the name opera6.adr)

Info: If you right click directly on the folder "Internet Explorer Favorites" this folder will be an useless subfolder on your Opera Mobile (Action - Go to - Bookmarks - Internet Explorer Favorites -) your bookmarks)

4. Windows Explorer: Make a backup of your original opera6.adr on [mobile device]\application data\opera\ and copy the exported opera6.adr into this folder while Opera Mobile is closed.

You may just want to try a second import/export attempt following the above steps.

Last edited by HTC_TP; 11-16-2008 at 06:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Hi, I tried doing this and when I overwrote the adr file in the directory mentioned above on my Sprint TP, I still had the same favorites, even after a soft reset. Any other ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro