PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
AWESOME, it worked just like you said now i can take my laptop anywhere and use my phone as modem THANKS..........ALSO i only installed the tweaks only cab because after reading through all the threads i noticed that that was the most updated cab u had which was updated 11/20...now my ? is which of the cabs do u recommend would not only give me fast but stability and power for my tp.......i mean the tweaks only has made it fast but i find that i still am using alot of memory when i check the memory on the bar on top......also i had previously installed spbshell but turned it off cause i didnt like the way it was slowing the phone down but i noticed on soft reset it shows up in the beginning when its loading, do u recommand i uninstall spb shell alltogather? thanks again ahead of time for taking the time and helping a new commer like myself into the wonderful world of customizing my phone to get the best out of it,,,
That's actually a few questions, lol...

Each of the cabs do exactly what they claim in the original thread. You can read through that carefully to understand the differences in the packages. I don't see any reason to repeat all that information again.

The whole point of my packages is that it keeps the device as stable and functional as possible while providing the known-good configuration, performance and battery life tweaks, and the packages only have minor variations.

Personally speaking, I use the largeicons_lightaudio package, because I prefer the Light Audio enhancement and the large start menu icons, but I like the reorganized start menu layout that I created, so I don't even use my "tweaksonly" package. I just offer that for those who don't want the start menu changes.

Spb Mobile Shell is a great application, and I used it exclusively on my Mogul, but I don't find it necessary in conjunction with TouchFLO3D. Pick one or the other based on your needs and preferences.

That said, I generally find that with everything loaded that I like and use, my memory usage is right around 50%, but that means I have 128MB available for actual use... well, that's perfectly fine for me. If you really want to get the most out of the memory, you'll want to start learning more about the custom roms and cooking your own setup.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pro
Carrier: sprint

sirwhistle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

well thanks again and hope u come up with a cab to increase the ringer volume on the tp,,,,i know that when i had the 800w before the tp it was just a reg tweak and presto the ringer was loud..........one more thing if i may, can i use any of these packages on my Daughters Diamond or do i have to find a different cab?..........thanks again for all your help
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shostetler is a n00b

well, I ran the cab and everything seems ok. But when I open the music tab now I don't see any of the songs listed that I have on my SD card. I can go into library and find them that way however upon clicking on a song it takes me back to the music tab and says no music found.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 AM
N00b

shostetler is a n00b

Hmmm.... interesting, I can sync with windows and have albums from my collection put onto my SD card. I just unhooked my USB cable and went to the music tab and everything showed up as the 2 songs did when I first had the device. Upon trying to scroll through them however touchflo sent me to the internet. So, I went back into music but everything was gone. I can go into library and pull up albums songs and artists and it shows everything on my SD card, however when I go back into now playing is just says no music found. Something isn't right here.... Is there a way to get all my music into a player type setting? Or is this it and it's just not working right?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

pancari is a n00b

i'd like to say thank you for this modification.

i do have a question. i have a mac and it's running leopard. I went to internet sharing and attempted to connect via USB. it says "check USB connection." do you know what i'm doing wrong?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shostetler View Post
well, I ran the cab and everything seems ok. But when I open the music tab now I don't see any of the songs listed that I have on my SD card. I can go into library and find them that way however upon clicking on a song it takes me back to the music tab and says no music found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostetler View Post
Hmmm.... interesting, I can sync with windows and have albums from my collection put onto my SD card. I just unhooked my USB cable and went to the music tab and everything showed up as the 2 songs did when I first had the device. Upon trying to scroll through them however touchflo sent me to the internet. So, I went back into music but everything was gone. I can go into library and pull up albums songs and artists and it shows everything on my SD card, however when I go back into now playing is just says no music found. Something isn't right here.... Is there a way to get all my music into a player type setting? Or is this it and it's just not working right?
I have not seen this behavior on the handful of phones I've used, and I can tell you that except for removing the Sprint Music Store link, I don't make any behavior changes to the Music tab. I have seen a few threads a while back complaining that it was quirky, and in my own experience it has been annoyingly slow, but I don't use it very often either since I prefer using an actual MP3 player for music. If you happen to find a solution and determine that it is my package causing the issue, please please let me know so I can get it fixed. In the mean time, have you run any other tweak utilities like Diamond Tweak or Advanced Config? I've seen countless posts documenting them screwing things up on the Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancari View Post
i'd like to say thank you for this modification.

i do have a question. i have a mac and it's running leopard. I went to internet sharing and attempted to connect via USB. it says "check USB connection." do you know what i'm doing wrong?
Once you open Internet Sharing, you click connect, and it should say that... that's telling you to connect it to the computer, once you do that, it is supposed to handle the rest on its own. That said, I don't believe it's compatible with Macs since they don't have the necessary network driver to install. You'll need to search the forums for the handful of mac users we have... I hate Macs with every fiber of my being, so I wouldn't be doing you any favors to speculate on it.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Lurker

secretanchitman is just getting started

hey GoodThings2Life! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your cleanup cab! it is literally EXACTLY what i wanted from my touch pro at the very beginning! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you SO MUCH!!!

however i do have one or two comments about your cab...i used the cleanup with the lightaudiopara, and it works perfectly, but sometimes touchflo 3D will just crash and instantly reload. that has only happened a few times. the other thing is that when i press start, there is a bit of lag when opening the menu. is that supposed to be there or is it just on my phone? the only programs i have installed are wmwifirouter 1.25, google maps, NS contacts backup and PHM regedit.

thanks in advance! and again, THANK YOU for your cleanup cab!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

If your start menu has the small icons instead of large, that's the reason for the lag, although I've not found any solution for that. It's on my list of things to research over the holiday break this week.

As for the crashing, that's not something I've experienced or heard about. Can you try to pin down whether it's crashing as a result of a consistent action or tab (entering or leaving), and can you identify any other Manila/TouchFLO-based tweaks you've enabled?

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-24-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

mrhankey184 is a n00b

Goodthings2Life,

I looked through your original post, but I can't seem to see what parts of the phone you tweaked to increase the speed and responsiveness of the phone. If you are able to post the changes you made and how they effect the phone or shoot me a link to it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

I tweaked a few of the Manila performance settings based on suggestions posted between here and XDA, I also bumped up the Glyphcache and Filesystemcache settings.

Glyphcache increases the screen buffer to improve overall screen draw performance. Filesystemcache is pretty obvious in that increasing it increases the file system buffer so that file access is a little more responsive. Adjustments to both are within "recommended" and "known safe" ranges so that they don't suck up too much program memory but still offer a decent improvement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro