PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Lurker

bmacphoto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

really appreciate the work....Very helpful for someone like myself, who would have lived with the phone as is.

One issue I'm having, is the bar at the top...I get 2 or sometimes 3 battery symbols, and seem to have lost the symbol that shows open programs. This is only on the home page.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

The task manager icon can be turned back on via Start > Settings > System tab > Task Manager.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro

toddweaver is a n00b

Thanks for the custom ROM! Question, I installed the original cab(small icons) but would rather have large icons. Can I just install the other cab over top or should I perform a hard reset first? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

airst is just getting started

I think this cleanup messes up the gps on the phone.
Can't get a lock on satellites
Old 11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

NJ48167 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

Hi,

I'm brand new to this website & I found your clean-up by googling HTC cleanup to make my pro faster.... this worked like a charm!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I really appreciate this.

My phone is like lightning now! YAY!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i read thru this whole thread...the probs that sum were having made me not wanna install this...but i figured it was just noobs makin noob mistakes haha...i was pretty much right...i installed the app (tweaks only) and i have to say it works great...slight lag but i can make sum adjustments on my end to correct this im sure...so far so good...if i run into any probs ill be sure to post...but i must say great app...thanks for this...
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detwilers is becoming a great contributor

GoodThings,
Where can I find the original Sprint Manilla files that the color change cab modified? I would like to go back to the yellow theme. I think I perfer the yellow circle bubble over the red and the Comm Manager is really hard to see what is on or off with out the yellow.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddweaver View Post
Thanks for the custom ROM! Question, I installed the original cab(small icons) but would rather have large icons. Can I just install the other cab over top or should I perform a hard reset first? Thanks!
You're welcome!! If you want the larger start menu icons... download the right package and replace the one you got, but don't bother installing or hard resetting! Just go to Start > Settings > System > TouchFLO, and enable the option for Large Icons in Start Menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airst View Post
I think this cleanup messes up the gps on the phone.
Can't get a lock on satellites
No, it doesn't. Turn ON your location setting in Start > Settings > Phone > Services > Location Setting. I'm not sure how/why this is off by default for some phones, but at least it's an easy enough fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwilers View Post
GoodThings,
Where can I find the original Sprint Manilla files that the color change cab modified? I would like to go back to the yellow theme. I think I perfer the yellow circle bubble over the red and the Comm Manager is really hard to see what is on or off with out the yellow.
You can find the original Sprint files in the Customize Your Manila / TouchFLO3D Theme" linked in my signature. I believe they're in post 3 or 4.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-20-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
i read thru this whole thread...the probs that sum were having made me not wanna install this...but i figured it was just noobs makin noob mistakes haha...i was pretty much right...i installed the app (tweaks only) and i have to say it works great...slight lag but i can make sum adjustments on my end to correct this im sure...so far so good...if i run into any probs ill be sure to post...but i must say great app...thanks for this...
caddieguy,

If you happen to find a specific tweak that addresses any lag, please let me know what that tweak is so that I can make sure my package implements it properly. I've not experienced any lag on my end, but I'm always looking for improvements!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

UPDATE: I just want to say that I really appreciate all the feedback everyone has given. I know there were a few instances where something was wonky, so I fixed those, and will continue to do so. Thanks everyone!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro