PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

aspiar7807 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3d with open keyboard?

hey guys, this forum is great.

so i love my htc except for

1. the battery - which i am learning to live with... probably just buy an extra one and carry it around

and

2. the tf3d is gorgeous, but why doesnt it work when the keyboard is open?! why the boring panel options.. i want to have the same ui when i open my kb.. is this possible???

much appreciated!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: TF3d with open keyboard?

never thought about the kb thing. dont think i would wanna use tf from there.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Because touchflo wasn't configured to run in landscape mode- its an HTC programming limitation, not Windows Mobile. Perhaps a future update will provide landscape compatibility, who knows.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

just out of curiosity why would you want it with the keyboard out. nothing in TF3D works using the keyboard other than the arrow keys, so running in landscape is pretty much pointless. was there a particular result you wanted to acheive with this?

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aspiar7807 is a n00b

mostly for the aesthetic value.. the tf3d look is far more attractive and quite frankly more fun to use than the basic icons that are there now.

i do alot of typing and find myself using the slide out alot more and i'd prefer to be able to use the tf3d at all time not only in portrait mode..

hopefully some developers feel the same and can figure this out - im too much of a newbie just yet...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

because doesn't make sense. think about it, if you're gonna open the keyboard, it's for reason ie text, email, notes. that why it give you those options when you open the keyboard. i think it's a smart idea since there's no real reason for tf3d in land scape. IMO features like that actually makes the phone "SMART".
Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aspiar7807 is a n00b

to each his own.... if the option was available i'd like it.. thanks for your help
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
because doesn't make sense. think about it, if you're gonna open the keyboard, it's for reason ie text, email, notes. that why it give you those options when you open the keyboard. i think it's a smart idea since there's no real reason for tf3d in land scape. IMO features like that actually makes the phone "SMART".
Then why would you display any icon? If you use your reasoning, you have no need at all for using shortcuts while the keyboard is open. This sir is not the case. You still need shortcuts.

Personally, I would love to use the gyrator program and have tf3d when i tilt it to landscape. I agree that the Tf3d is much more aestetically pleasing then the standard icons.

This is a Pocket PC...lets make it match our personality. I know HTC and Sprint have to view these forums. So much of what is in the Touch Pro reeks of PPCgeeks and XDA.

So if you are reading, help make a great phone even better. Add landscape TF3D
Old 11-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy01 View Post
Then why would you display any icon?
because those are the apps that you would use with a keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy01 View Post
If you use your reasoning, you have no need at all for using shortcuts while the keyboard is open. This sir is not the case. You still need shortcuts.
i guess htc believe that since the tf3d is design to be used with your fingers, it wouldn't make sense to use the tf3d interface while the keyboard is out. your not going to type on the home screen so there's no point, plus in landscape you would not only have to scroll left, and right for different tabs, but up, and down to see everything on the home screen. that would kind of defeat the purpose of tf3d. don't know about anybody else, but if i slide out my keyboard, it's because i'm going to use it.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:24 AM
tt7
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tt7 is just getting started

Personally i do find it annoying if i'm looking at my texts using the tf3d interface and i flip out the keyboard before i tap on the message and then i have to hit a few more buttons to get where i was again...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro