PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Lurker

cornzy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question regarding two possible TP tweaks - Timed Roaming, LOWER Headset Volume?!

First off, I've lurked here for years and appreciate the effort a lot of you regulars put into these forums. As a past Mogul and current Touch Pro owner, this site is a fantastic resource.

On to my questions. Has anyone learned of the availability of the following tweaks for the TP?

Timed Roaming:
Fortunately, my TP battery life is not horrible - unless I'm at work. While out of town or at home (in Sprint coverage) gets me two-three days between charges. But working 9-12 hours at a fortress-like building is causing my phone to switch between Sprint and roaming constantly throughout the day. My phone barely makes it from 9 to 5 and dies hours before I normally leave. I came across a roaming tweak that adds the option to "force roaming" and tried that approach yesterday. It worked very well, it easily lasted the whole day with a few short calls, push email, a bunch of background apps, and was at about 20% left before I charged it late last night. I can live with that.
Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to schedule between "Automatic" and "Roaming Only"? I have a SPB Phone Suite that includes the ability to schedule phone profile changes based on time, but obviously roaming profiles are not an option in that app. I was thinking I'd try scheduling roaming from 9a-7p, then kicking to "automatic" for the rest of the day.

Load earpiece:
I've been reading many of you are suffering with an earpiece thats volume is TOO low. Mine happens to be too LOUD! I have to hold the phone a few inches from my ear to listen to my calls even at the lowest setting. Is there a tweak out there that lowers the earpiece beyond it's current limit?

TIA!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro