PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ring delay with Incoming Call

I struggled with the ring problem for a long time and the only solution was to dump manila phonecanvas and go with the stock winmo dialer. Rings became instant. However there must be a fix because Mighty Mike's ROM and Caulkins Kitchen use cool versions of the manila dialer and ther is no ring delay on those. Caulkin's kitchen roms have about a 1/2 -1 ring delay and Mighty's rom that he cooked has no delay at all, which made me happy because I really like the black manila dialer. Right now the 21109 does have a problem with the phonecanvas seeing the ring folder as corrupted so that kills the ring, so I would avoid that sys until they have a stated fix.

I ran stock alltel for a few months and continued to hardrest and tweak and the battery life and overall experience sucked. Once I moved to a better cook'S rom and telus radio my signal has went up 2 bars, battery life tripled and I am finally loving this phone. Totally different experience. Shame on HTC for being such a CRAPPY ROM developer. Hundreds of phonces on the market and in the PPC business for over a decade with very little eveolution of winmo and they still cant get it right. Apple comes out with their FIRST device and mops the floor with HTC. HTC and MS should send half their profits straight to XDA and PPCgeeks because without the community and enthusiasts people would be stomping on these out of the box ****ty phones.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

parcou is becoming a great contributor

It has been several months no post. The issue is not dead seeing that I see it now but I am trying those items posted here...

Any new developments from anyone.

Thx
(retired) VZW TP
(retired) VZW 6800
Old 03-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
It has been several months no post. The issue is not dead seeing that I see it now but I am trying those items posted here...

Any new developments from anyone.

Thx
None whatsoever, I still have the issue on my VZW TP (Mighty) and TELUS Diamond (Mighty). Moving to WM Dialer doesn't do eff all.

PS: What is your sig talking about?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
Moving to WM Dialer doesn't do eff all.
It certainly does in my phone. I am running Mighty 4.16 in a Sprint TP activated on verizon.

If I disable the HTC dialer skin & use any version of the WinMo dialer my phone rings two rings sooner every single time. If I dial the TP from my home phone, I get that phony first ring that you get with any phone & then the TP starts ringing/vibrating before the second ring even starts.

~John
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
It certainly does in my phone. I am running Mighty 4.16 in a Sprint TP activated on verizon.

If I disable the HTC dialer skin & use any version of the WinMo dialer my phone rings two rings sooner every single time. If I dial the TP from my home phone, I get that phony first ring that you get with any phone & then the TP starts ringing/vibrating before the second ring even starts.

~John
Wow I wish that happened with me, I'm getting sick and tired of all this ring delay crap.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spint htc touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

clusterbuck is just getting started

I have had my Sprint tp flashed to cricket for a week now and I too have notice a delay in my phone ringing, sometimes three rings on the callers end b4 my tp rings. Some other forums Ive visited talk about weak radio signals, but within this thread some have tried different radios without a solution. Here are a few problems Im having on top of the delay in ringing. If I set an mp3 as a ring (using the ringtones that came with the phone or mp3s I cut using the trimmer) The songs start off normal but then the volume goes low and then normal, then low, normal. Its like, when the phone that Im calling from is ringing, my ringtone volume goes down. Any ideas?????
Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spint htc touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

clusterbuck is just getting started

I fixed my ring delay problem along with my ringtone volume up down up down problem. If you turn off your "announce incoming call feature" then everything seems to work with dealy or ringtown volume changes. start/setting personal tab at bottom/voice command/highlight phone/options. uncheck announce incoming call feature.

Last edited by clusterbuck; 04-20-2009 at 10:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Vodafone

patience is a n00b

Sorry but I can't find this setting.
Can you help me please, I would like to test this.

Thanx
Old 04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patience View Post
Sorry but I can't find this setting.
Can you help me please, I would like to test this.

Thanx
found it under settings | personal tab | voice command. Scroll to phone and then click the options button. I just clicked on the enable button to take off the check.

I'll see if that works.

I did notice a lag when using S2U2, using that answering screen. I turned that off and started using the S2A dialer and it helped with the ring delay. It's not instant but I'm able to answer more calls now instead of missing them.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterbuck View Post
I fixed my ring delay problem along with my ringtone volume up down up down problem. If you turn off your "announce incoming call feature" then everything seems to work with dealy or ringtown volume changes. start/setting personal tab at bottom/voice command/highlight phone/options. uncheck announce incoming call feature.
tried that and im still having a delay with the ring on incoming calls

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro