PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Remapping Hardware Buttons - Options Here

**UPDATE**
I haven't updated this thread in a while, but I wanted to link to an app I started using recently that is outstanding and blows all the options below out of the water in terms of functionality.

Tarkim (mainly from XDA) has a new keyboard driver for specific devices including the Raphael GSM and CDMA (Touch Pro) as well as the GSM & CDMA versions of the Rhodium (Touch Pro 2). He may have other devices as well, but these are the two I know of. You can modify any key on these devices including the keyboard, home, back, power and even the mute button on the back of the Touch Pro 2. It has settings for single click, double click and long press which means you can assign up to 3 separate actions to a single key. AEB Plus can assign multiple actions, but it can only remap a small subset of the keys on the phone. The only advantage AEB Plus has over Tarkim's excellent offering is that it works on most Windows Mobile Pro devices.Tarkim s only work on the devices he created his app to work for. If you are on one of the devices he did create an app for, I see no reason why you would want to use anything else. With that said here are the links and the apps are free, but I highly encourage you to donate to him if you can.

Download
Raphael/Touch Pro (CDMA/GSM) - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233
Rhodium/Touch Pro 2 (CDMA/GSM) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240

**Do NOT use these apps on devices they were not meant for**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming from the Mogul, I really miss all the hardware buttons. I used a nice program called AE Button Plus to assign multiple functions to my buttons. Here are some options to make the most out of the buttons you have on the Touch Pro (or any WM5/6 PPC).

Rather than retype things I have done in the past, here are some stuff I shamelessly copied from XDA

Using these tips, you can remap every one of the hardware buttons. The Home and <- keys don't like being mapped with T3D though, which I explained a little more in the 2nd post.

XDA Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minus-1 View Post
Guys, this is what I have done with my button mappings and so far it seems to be working reasonably well. Well, reasonably enough that I am happy with it/can live with it.

Now I am very nit-picky and am coming from a heavily customized WisBar world. But in my quest to be stylus-free (and loving the WOW-factor of TF3D), I am able to live with the device by making the changes listed below.

-+-+-+-+-+

1. AEBPLUS - Volume Buttons

o Remapped volume buttons to provide Up/Down scrolling
o HOLD volume up or down - normal volume control

I did this because the TP was rejecting calls on its own whilst in my holster -- you know, the "press any volume button to mute the ringer" feature.

Note that if you do this, don't forget to look at the "Restore Volume Slider" option in AEBPlus (that guy thought of everything). I have all of mine unticked. Also take a look at: Options|Other Options|Control Volume Directly.

Screenshot: http://auxiliary.razer7.com/aevolume.png

··········

2. AEBPLUS - Phone Key ("Green Phone Button" in AEBP)

o Press once = Phone Button
o Press twice = Task List (Swipe left shows Programs)
o Press three times = Action List <-Note the Cut/Copy/Paste here!

Screenshots:
Task List: http://auxiliary.razer7.com/tasklist.png
Task List - Swipe Left: http://auxiliary.razer7.com/programs.png
Action List: http://auxiliary.razer7.com/actionlist.png

ABOUT THE TASK LIST: The Task List (and Programs list) is all touchable. AEBPlus provides its own task list as well but it isn't as nice as the one that I am using nor is it fingerable. The one that I am using is a freeware program called "MortButtons".

Download MortButtons here:
http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...st&category=13

NOTE: Don't forget to also download the "ClickLED" skin on the same page. This skin closely matches the TF3D colour scheme.

During my testing, I've noted that MortButton uses about 250K (if you decide to leave it resident (recommended!)) and zero CPU since it is being called by AEBPlus.

ABOUT THE ACTION LIST: The "Action List" (as pictured above) is part of AEBPlus and can be custom-catered to your liking. I like to keep it simple and simply have cut, copy and paste in there, as well as toggle Wi-Fi (which works on the TP).

··········

3. AEBPLUS - End Call Button ("Red Phone Button" in AEBP)

o Press once = End Call
o Press twice = Last Task (ALT-Tab)
o Press thrice = Call DinarSoft TapText*

* "TapText" is a little utility that allows you to create a menu with clippings in it. I used it for email addy's and more. Check it out. I find it very useful and worth the ten bucks to register.

Screenshot of TapText in action: http://auxiliary.razer7.com/taptext.png

-+-+-+-+-+

4. About the Home and OK Buttons...

Now these two buttons *can* be mapped using AEBPlus, however, they can't be *re-mapped*.

In other words, if you map something to these buttons, they will also perform their inherent functions (i.e. the Home button will always go home first; the OK button will always send an OK message to the system, etc.)

Personally, I have left these two alone.

-+-+-+-+-+

CLOSING COMMENTS:

Now there is MUCH MORE you can do with the above two apps in the configuration I've described. Customize it to your delight.

I hope that this post helps some of you guys out. I need to give back to this community!

This community R0X.

Here is another option which I use for my power button. I made a shortcut to psshutxp and named it Long_Power.lnk. Moved that to my \Windows directory and now when I press and hold the power button, it launches psshutxp after a few seconds. I haven't tried all of these, but see what you can get to work and report back.

XDA Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
There are several applications which allows you to remap buttons (AE Button Plus, HButton...). If you dont need more than 6-8 shortcuts you should be fine with this. (I prefer this remapping solution because it doesnt require to keep some program running in RAM)
These shortcuts are basically generic but here's what I've found and tested on Wings.

Code:
Shortcut             Current App.     Remapping

Long_POC.lnk         -                OK
Long_End.lnk         Lock             Not tested
Long_Home.lnk        -                OK
Long_Send.lnk        -                OK
Short_POC.lnk        CommManager      OK
Long_Power.lnk       Turn Off         OK
Long_Pound.lnk         Line Switch      ???
Long_VolUp.lnk       Voice Dial.      OK
Long_Camera.lnk      Camera           OK
Short_Power.lnk      Quick App.       OK
Short_Camera.lnk     Camera           OK
Long_VolDown.lnk     Voice Notes      OK
Long_NonCamera.lnk   ???              ???
Short_NonCamera.lnk  ???              ???
(NonCamera = POC on some devices. I dont know why is it on Wings but probably because of generic WM keypad map.)

Code:
Key Name   Hardware Button

POC        CommManager
End        End Call
Home       Home
Send       Send Call
Power      Turn On/Off
VolUp      Volume Up/+
Camera     Camera
VolDown    Volume Down/-
How to use...
1. Create a shortcut of a program
2. Rename the shortcut to the shortcut name of a key you want to asign to (TaskManager.lnk to Long_Home.lnk for example)
3. Copy it to \Windows\ directory
Another Option - PQzII (freeware)

I ran across this app in another thread (thanks dai_shan) and I haven't personally tried it and I don't know how it would interact with AE Buttons Plus. With that said, its supposed to give you access to map some of the keyboard keys. It's changelog shows its been updated to work on the Raphael which is our phone for those that don't know.

Here is a LINK

Features
* Automatic SIP changer (responds to the portrait/landscape mode.)
* Hardware key assign (CTRL/ALT)
* Task switch and terminate
* Symbol input window
* Task terminate by the OK button
* Keyboard shortcut (Task/Restart/Suspend/etc...)
* Hardware button assign (TEL/Camera/Sound record/etc...)
* Application launcher (CTRL/ALT + optional key)
* Control panel shortcut (CTRL/ALT + optional key)
* Dial shortcut (CTRL/ALT + optinal key)
* Text template window
* Text history window
* Keycode convert
* Changeable PQzII icon
* Hardware key assign (IME)
* gsGetFile.dll support (to select files from all folder becomes possible)

Last edited by stroths; 11-14-2009 at 10:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 27 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Re: Remapping Hardware Buttons

Using AE Button Plus (AEB), I was able to remap the center of my d-pad (round button). It's listed as the "Enter\Action" button in AEB. I have it set to press Enter on a single press, which is its normal function. On double press, I have it set to close the active application. On triple press, it runs outlook and on long press it runs the WKTask popup launcher.

You can also remap the volume up/down buttons as mentioned in the 1st post and the long send key (bottom-left phone button). I have my long send button mapped to a flashlight app called TorchButton The Home and <-- buttons are a bit more tricky. If you are not running T3D, you can use AEB to create a button for the Home key and it will work for you. If you are running T3D, it doesn't seem to work. The <-- button is the same story.

I'm hoping that someone (i.e. no2chem) can figure out a way take control of the Home and <- buttons.

My current Setup

Power
Short Press - Unchanged (put device to sleep/default behavior)
Long Press - Toggles Vibrate/Ringer using app called v_vibrate. Long Press is not programmable by AEB. Done using the "Long_Power.lnk" link (2nd method in 1st post).

Items below all programmed with AEB

Center D-Pad Button (circle)
Single Click - Press Enter
Double Click - Close current app (not minimize, but close)
Triple Click - Launch Outlook email
Long Press - WKTask Launcher

Send Key (bottom-left phone button)
Long Press - Launch Flashlight app (Torchbutton)

I will probably program the reset of the send key buttons (single, double, triple click) as well as the phone end key and the volume buttons. Just haven't decided what I want to do with them yet.

Last edited by stroths; 10-26-2008 at 10:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The only button I remapped was the call end button. I remapped it to close an application when double press. TF3D really makes it difficult to use some other programs I had on my mogul
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor
Re: Remapping Hardware Buttons - Options Here

Has anyone tried SPB Pocket Plus for the button remapping?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

finster869 is keeping up the good workfinster869 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
The only button I remapped was the call end button. I remapped it to close an application when double press. TF3D really makes it difficult to use some other programs I had on my mogul

How did you remap it?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by finster869 View Post
How did you remap it?
Go into the AEB Plus program. The call end key for the TP will be called the red phone button once your inside the program. Highlight the red phone button then click on the giant rectangle below with the words "Do not touch button." After you click it, you should come to a drop down menu. Click it & highlight the 3rd option, "Handle by AEBPlus." Once inside of here, you will come across 3 dropdown menus. Highlight the 2nd menu & select double press. Then highlight the 3rd menu & select close active application. Hit OK button below. The rectangle should now read the following: "Hang up current call or... 2: Close active application." Highlight file & select save & exit. Soft reset. Hope this helps

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 10-26-2008 at 11:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

finster869 is keeping up the good workfinster869 is keeping up the good work

Sure did, gave you a "thanks". Thanks!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Ship Jumper

Your Welcome
Old 10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Interesting, so AE Button Plus DOES work, just not remapping the home and back keys that well. That's okay. i'll map the call begin and call end buttons. Right now i'm using SPB Pocket Plus to map a Long press of the call begin button to a context menu. seems to work okay Although, I like this AE Button Plus option a lot more. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP

wrecks is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know the executable or .lnk file to Lauch Quick Menu. I want to assign this to the long key for our ok/enter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen07.jpg (12.7 KB, 320 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro