PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 01:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

iwannabeused is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Manual Roam Tweek

Has anyone figured out how to put the manual roam option under the phone options? I get very limited Sprint coverage at my house and would like to switch to roam manually. Seems like the radio likes to hold on to very little Sprint signal as long as possible. Thx!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Manual Roam Tweek

Try this--it works on the Diamond

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSett ing

1) Change ItemCount to 3

2) Create new string (if doesn't exist): ItemName3 = Roaming. (Default = Automatic-B on my Diamond)

3) New Dword: ItemValue3 = 3

Soft reset. Go back to the settings you should now see roaming option.

I also modified a script posted on XDA to work w/ VGA. I now have a taskbar link to toggle between automatic and roaming. Works great!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

iwannabeused is a n00b

Can you post the link to your XDA? I don't know if they allow that in this forum... Also, did you make a cab for the roam tweek or know if someone already did?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabeused View Post
Can you post the link to your XDA? I don't know if they allow that in this forum... Also, did you make a cab for the roam tweek or know if someone already did?
I didn't make a cab nor have I posted the script. I suppose I will within a few days. I simply took one that somone else created and modified the screen mapping to VGA as well as change the timing (the original script had needlessly long wait times).
Old 10-26-2008, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Okay, I uploaded the VGA script. Make sure you have Mortscript installed and reg entries modified. I have this on my task bar and it toggles between roam and automatic on demand.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=15

Good luck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Was someone going to make a cab for the registry edit. I like having a cab so i can do a hard reset and rebuild almost anywhere (away from my computer) and in my area the roam only option is the first thing i put on when i hard reset. If I knew how id make it but I have no skills.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero...Fresh
Carrier: sprint

bee976 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to bee976

I installed this, and it goes to voice privacy and disables it every time, is that what it is supposed to do. I don't think it is forcing roaming????? any help is appreciated, this would make my life way easier.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Duuuudes; there is a cab on ppcgeeks; look it up. am on the Tp; otherwise I will hook it up.Look for“roam only”
Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Post number 4 fellas:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php...3&pp=25&page=2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero...Fresh
Carrier: sprint

bee976 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to bee976

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Thanks but this doesn't help the Mortscript app to work for me, still goes to voice privacy, instead of opening phone settings. Does anyone have this working on touch pro?? I have used the correct VGA settings. Any help is appreciated.

I just realized my issues may be ROM related I am using Juggalos ROM, perhaps the menus are different? I have never seen them on the stock ROM.

Last edited by bee976; 12-23-2008 at 03:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro