PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Victor or to Herman...

I realy dont need a keyboard either. Actually im addicted like crazy to my phone because of it and im trying to restrain myself a little bit by getting one that slows me down a hair. The lack of mircoSD scared me, but i have a 4gb card in my mogul now and its barely half full with all my music and tons of pictures. I never use it for music because it drains the battery and the only time i can see myself doing it is to show off, in which case i want a thin sexy device and not a brick. Actually i wish the diamond had a flash.. ive used that as a flash light soo many times on my mogul and nextel i860.. im really going to miss that feature.

I typed this message on my mogul in skyfire.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
After seeing those latest spec sheets on the Sprint Diamond and Sprint Touch Pro, Im more split than I thought I'd ever be about these devices. I'm currently a mogul user now and I love the keyboard, but as a long time WM user I can survive just fine wihtout it. The Diamond now supposedly getting 256Mb of RAM, the same 1350mAh battery and being much much thinner than the Touch Pro is leaning me hard towards it. If the Diamond had a microSD slot it would be the icing on the cake.

Not that these devices really will need much attention from Sprint with new ROMs after they are launched, but do you think the Touch Pro will get priority support from Sprint the way the mogul seems to now over the Touch?

How many of your are as split on this as me?
Definitely the Diamond. As phone advancements keep growing exponentially the Touch Pro is still as thick as a phone book. The Diamond will have the same performance. My mogul now has buttons that stick or just don't respond until I mash 'em or press it 5 times on the QWERTY. The more I think about it the more I realize I could do without it. Not to mention the added weight of the keyboard makes it the perfect weight to totally get jacked up if you drop it whereas the diamond might be lighter and able to take the abuse better...by just enough.

I rarely type emails on my mogul. 99.999999% of the time its just texts so I can deal with no QWERTY. The main thing I'm going to miss is the flashlight. I use it all the damn time...oh well. I have a 2gb card now and its not even half full so 4gb is more than plenty.

Plus the Diamond looks a million times better. Sleek and sexy. The Diamond is a varsity jacket and the Touch Pro is a potect protector.

Last edited by Chef Ben; 08-13-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

If HTC would step up and put a larger screen on their devices, I would take the Diamond. Til then, Herman will be my new best friend as soon as he arrives. But with that said, it would be an uncomfortable transition from a keyboard to no keyboard. I've tried all the software keyboards and they've got nothing on a hardware keyboard.
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 08-13-2008, 01:37 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

If U look at the pics, The keyboard seems thicker than the unit itself. LOL and it's only has 1 function. I will definitely go with the Diamond/victor. The hell with the keyboard. I dealt with the touch fine, I will deal with the victor much better. I don't wanna carry an anchor on my belt. LOL
I think everyone will agree if HTC cut the Diamond/Victor in half and make the other half a keyboard. Use touch pro/Herman's specs. That's the ultimate PPC.

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-13-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work

getting back on track.....

Pro has double the ROM than Diamond, right? Is that as big a deal as it looks?

I've had the Touch since it came out, traded in my Mogul. I thought I wanted to go back to a keyboard, but now I'm unsure.

So, if keyboard wasn't the real factor... which would you choose?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

guys guys guys... dont u understand that these devices cant make it thru the day on an oem battery? imagine when u first get it n play with it. ull have to keep it on the charger all day.

that being said, an extended battery is a must and thats why my next phone will be the diamond. if u put an extended in the touch pro, it becomes a clunky unregistered weapon!

if i wanted a brick w a keyboard, ill go buy myself a laptop!

this is the age of smaller, THINNER, n better devices.

im ALL diamonds baby
Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Draiko is keeping up the good workDraiko is keeping up the good work

Thanks to Cloud computing, 3G, WiFi and Livemesh... the 4 GB storage space bothers me less and less, so I'm leaving it up to price.

If the touch diamond costs $150 or less (after all rebates and discounts), I'm jumping on it.

If I can get a Touch Pro for $250 or less, then I'm jumping on THAT.

If none of the above happens... I'll wait for phones with nVidia's Tegra APX in them.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Banned User

smyngpnk83 is a n00b

as all great users of the mogul will attest to, size doesn't really have any bearing on how they're going to view the next phone that they will be getting. a semi stripped down keyboard less phone? no thanks. even worse for the verizon version as it wont even have the same processor.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:34 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i could live without the k/b but they should include spb full screen keyboard (or something similar) on the device,
Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I didn't think I could live without a keyboard but about 8 month ago I got the Cootek TouchPal and very rarely do I slide out the keyboard any more.

That being said, I have an 8 gig card and it has over 5 gig of stuff on it.

The question is can I live with only 4 gig...I think so but as someone said above, lets see what the prices are then I will decide from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro