PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To Victor or to Herman...

After seeing those latest spec sheets on the Sprint Diamond and Sprint Touch Pro, Im more split than I thought I'd ever be about these devices. I'm currently a mogul user now and I love the keyboard, but as a long time WM user I can survive just fine wihtout it. The Diamond now supposedly getting 256Mb of RAM, the same 1350mAh battery and being much much thinner than the Touch Pro is leaning me hard towards it. If the Diamond had a microSD slot it would be the icing on the cake.

Not that these devices really will need much attention from Sprint with new ROMs after they are launched, but do you think the Touch Pro will get priority support from Sprint the way the mogul seems to now over the Touch?

How many of your are as split on this as me?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Re: To Victor or to Herman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
After seeing those latest spec sheets on the Sprint Diamond and Sprint Touch Pro, Im more split than I thought I'd ever be about these devices. I'm currently a mogul user now and I love the keyboard, but as a long time WM user I can survive just fine wihtout it. The Diamond now supposedly getting 256Mb of RAM, the same 1350mAh battery and being much much thinner than the Touch Pro is leaning me hard towards it. If the Diamond had a microSD slot it would be the icing on the cake.

Not that these devices really will need much attention from Sprint with new ROMs after they are launched, but do you think the Touch Pro will get priority support from Sprint the way the mogul seems to now over the Touch?

How many of your are as split on this as me?
Only reason I'd consider the Diamond over the Pro is because it's not as thick. That being said, I don't think I could go with a phone that doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. As much as I could probably get used to not having a keyborad, it's so much easier to send detailed business emails with it.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

victor for me, dont have keyboard now and wont miss it later.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

idelgado782 is just getting started

definitely the touch pro for me. I tried the whole phone without a keyboard and it didt work for me! I definitely need a keyboard.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

touch pro, i need a keyboard
Old 08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work

Touch pro for sure, gotta have the keyboard
Old 08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

if my parents would even consider getting me one touchpro i cant live with out my hard keyboard

Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I do not need a keyboard. Just like iphone users don't care about it. And FYI, Not having a card slot is not just all disadvantage. Having a built in storage make file transfers much fast. Ever experienced videos on ur card not syncing with the audio? Well that's just one downside with cards. Hmmm we allput out GPS map in the storage card right? internal storage Might work well with the maps too. some of us might loose storage space, But U'll gain speed with internal storage.

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-13-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Touch Pro... I never ever EVER want to be without a keyboard again... I had a Touch for 3 months... Went back to the Mogul the 2nd month and sold it to a friend the 3rd...

Resistive touch screens just aren't responsive enough to be used for fast tapping like a hard keyboard...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

I am torn also. A keyboard would be nice, but not needed.

No MicroSD card really scares me. I only have a 2gb MicroSD now, so in all reality I shouldn't miss it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro